No announcement yet.

What makes Canelo so deadly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weak opposition he has been facing since day one!

Comment

Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
      What makes Canelo so deadly? His hype.

He's of course a good fighter in most aspects. But his footwork is terrible. And if he fights Floyd then there's no one better to expose it.
      yup....

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
      what's he done to prove he's "deadly?"
      nobody he's KO'd has thing special
      Alvarez is a decent fighter, but he's hardly some monster
      he has some power and can work the body
      he's not a fighter anybody fears though
      ....and yup

Comment

He's an intelligent pressure fighter. Throws excellent, powerful and (I have to use the word again) intelligent combinations in short range. Commits to the body. Very strong. Young and only getting better. I question his chin and he does not use his jab enough. Quality of opposition has been mediocre at best, but he passes the eyeball test--he's clearly above that level.

I think these flaws will probably hurt him at some point but against fighters like Mayweather, Cotto and anyone else moving up, he should be fine. I love the Mayweather matchup and I'll be disappointed if it doesn't go down sooner rather than later. Exactly what the sport needs - a 22yr old, undefeated rising star against an aging but also undefeated legend putting the final touches on his career. As a boxing fan, you really can't go wrong with either one winning.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          He's an intelligent pressure fighter. Throws excellent, powerful and (I have to use the word again) intelligent combinations in short range. Commits to the body. Very strong. Young and only getting better. I question his chin and he does not use his jab enough. Quality of opposition has been mediocre at best, but he passes the eyeball test--he's clearly above that level.

I think these flaws will probably hurt him at some point but against fighters like Mayweather, Cotto and anyone else moving up, he should be fine. I love the Mayweather matchup and I'll be disappointed if it doesn't go down sooner rather than later. Exactly what the sport needs - a 22yr old, undefeated rising star against an aging but also undefeated legend putting the final touches on his career. As a boxing fan, you really can't go wrong with either one winning.
          His competiton is definitely worse than mediocre. He's fought what? 1 fighter in the Top 10 in his weight class? His best win is a passed prime Ryan Rhodes who was dead average in his prime which was around 10 years before he fought Alvarez.

And in all honestly, he hasn't impressed me against level of opposition either.

What do you think separates him from Lucian Bute? In your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post

The weak opposition he has been facing since day one!
            lol true talk

Comment

The only dude he put to sleep was baldomir.Canelo is weak to me I don't see much at all.

Comment

Laughing at all the Cuban Canelo haters hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  Combinations, Power, Speed, Youth, Intelligence, Patience, Precious, Ability, Heart

canelo is precious to me

Comment

To answer your question... He's deadly because he got a veteran mentality with a young lion body

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      His competiton is definitely worse than mediocre. He's fought what? 1 fighter in the Top 10 in his weight class? His best win is a passed prime Ryan Rhodes who was dead average in his prime which was around 10 years before he fought Alvarez.

And in all honestly, he hasn't impressed me against level of opposition either.

What do you think separates him from Lucian Bute? In your opinion.

liberado andrade didn't knock him out in '08.

to cease trolling for a microsecond, canelo turns his knuckles over as well as anybody in the game right now. he doesn't have to hit you with his hardest punch to have an impact. he's also got very good timing with his offense. it's a shame his idea of defense is taking a punch on the forehead,

Comment

Working...
                      X