• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    Rounds 1-11 10-9 martinez
    Round 12 10-8 chavez

A monkey can score that fight
    Nah. That score card is a bit wide.
    But to be honest we had it close to the same.

You have the fight 11 rounds to 1 Martinez
    I have the fight 9 Rounds to 3 Martinez.

At least I didn't have it 6-6.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
      115-111

Deal with it.

Let's see your round by round.
      It was ruled a slip not a knockdown, there was one knockdown.

You actually could be a judge because you're ****ing shocking.

Stop scoring and delete your account.

Did you're dad do Bradley-Pac because that would explain alot.

Comment

Good post again, I'm enjoying these scorecards. People should give the guy some credit for putting up some of his own scores, it is all a matter of opinion so just debate it with some maturity when you disagree with the scores. Perhaps that's too much to ask from a lot of the kids on this site.

That last round I can't score it a 10-7 because Martinez came back in the round (as you stated). Had he been totally dominated in the round, and considering the knockdown, then 10-7 might be reasonable but given the fact he retaliated successfully it's a 10-8 in my book.

Comment

I completely agree with your scoring. Thank you and please do more!

Comment

And for those who don't understand the 10-7 statement that the threadstarter is making go watch the Mayweather vs Hatton UK version. Both the commentators gave Mayweather a 10-8 round in a round where he didn't even knockdown Hatton once - I think some of you don't understand scoring very well.

You don't have to knockdown someone in order for the other boxer to win a round by 2 points. If one fighter totally dominates another fighter in a round it could legitimately be scored 10-8, without any knockdown. The same goes, if a fighter gets knocked down in a round, and gets totally dominated in the round it could be scored a 10-7.

However like I said above, I disagree with a 10-7 in the case of this fight because Martinez didn't get totally dominated in the final round.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
              And for those who don't understand the 10-7 statement that the threadstarter is making go watch the Mayweather vs Hatton UK version. Both the commentators gave Mayweather a 10-8 round in a round where he didn't even knockdown Hatton once - I think some of you don't understand scoring very well.

You don't have to knockdown someone in order for the other boxer to win a round by 2 points. If one fighter totally dominates another fighter in a round it could legitimately be scored 10-8, without any knockdown. The same goes, if a fighter gets knocked down in a round, and gets totally dominated in the round it could be scored a 10-7.

However like I said above, I disagree with a 10-7 in the case of this fight because Martinez didn't get totally dominated in the final round.
              if a fighter doesnt hit the canvas it is complete bull**** to give the other fighter a extra point in my opinion. hatton took a beating in round 10 but no way should it be 10-8, he should be rewarded for staying on his feet 10-9 is fair

Comment

Am glad you aren't a real judge, it's scary reading some of your scorecard to be honest, I can excuse you watching it live ringside but to watch it on video and still return a scorecard like this one is a bit scary.

Comment

Originally posted by sk819 View Post
                  if a fighter doesnt hit the canvas it is complete bull**** to give the other fighter a extra point in my opinion. hatton took a beating in round 10 but no way should it be 10-8, he should be rewarded for staying on his feet 10-9 is fair
                  Am agreed 100%, Yes Mayweather dominate the 8th round but hatton didn't hit the canvas in that round so no way was it a 10-8 round.

Comment

Originally posted by sk819 View Post
                    Why should it no way be a 10-8, the whole reason for the 10 point must system is to give leeway for exactly that purpose. If a fighter gets dominated in a round and lands virtually nothing in the way of return fire, not only is it fair to score it a 10-8, it should really be the norm to give that fighter less than 9 points.

You're awarding those points based on how well the fighter performs, not only based on who wins and who loses the round. Why would a fighter who gets totally dominated in a round still deserve 9 points, when (in a different fight) a fighter who puts up a good fight but doesn't do quite enough to win the round also gets the same 9 points?

Check out the rules of the 10 point must system for a better understanding of how it works.

Comment

Don't agree with the 11th to Chavez Jr., if he won a round before the 12th, I think it was the 6th. And 10-8 in the 12th, Chavez Jr. didn't beat him that badly in the round to merit another point IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X