Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy how 7 years later the talk is still the same.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy how 7 years later the talk is still the same.

If you look at the Margarito thread from 06, you see the same exact stuff from the most loyal followers. The more things change the more they stay the same. See if some of this stuff sounds familiar. On the possibility of facing Margarito here are some of the things said.

"Margarito needs to face somebody before he gets a shot at Floyd." Even though Henry Bruseles I guess had earned a shot at Floyd.

"After he beats Margarito, they will say he was just another bum." Another built in excuse.

"Floyd already beat the lineal champ in the division in Baldomir". Floyd fanboys love to hang on that one.

I have a couple of buddies that are fanboys and they love to point out that Canelo has to earn the right to face Floyd other than Trout. Even though beating Aydin and Berto was good enough for them for the Ghost to get a shot. I have also heard them say well after Floyd beats Canelo they won't give him credit and they will just look for somebody. Same old same old.

Beating Trout sealed it for me and earned Canelo a shot at whoever. I was a big critic of Canelo till it became clear to me he was not happy with the fights he was getting from his team and wanted to step up. He pushed for Williams, Kirkland, and other big names and it was then I realized he wanted to fight the best and his insistence on getting Trout proved to me he was doing the right thing. He demanded Trout and now he wants Floyd.

Comment

people complain about the hate he gets are just as bad as the haters. he's the best boxer on the planet and the biggest draw. it's part of the territory.

Comment

Margarito was in line to fight Floyd and Floyd was offered something like 7million to fight him. Maybe he ducked him and maybe he didn't. To say Canelo must earn a Floyd fight is ridiculous.Floyd is the WBA world superchamp at 154. Canelo is the WBA and WBC world champ at 154. Canelo is considered the 154 pound champion of the world and rate #1 by Boxrec, Ring Magazine, Boxing Scene and almost everyone else that ranks fighters. When he beat Trout he earned a fight with Floyd big time. If Floyd won't fight the world's champ at 154 then he needs to give up his WBA 154 pound superchamp title.

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
          If you look at the Margarito thread from 06, you see the same exact stuff from the most loyal followers. The more things change the more they stay the same. See if some of this stuff sounds familiar. On the possibility of facing Margarito here are some of the things said.

"Margarito needs to face somebody before he gets a shot at Floyd." Even though Henry Bruseles I guess had earned a shot at Floyd.

"After he beats Margarito, they will say he was just another bum." Another built in excuse.

"Floyd already beat the lineal champ in the division in Baldomir". Floyd fanboys love to hang on that one.

I have a couple of buddies that are fanboys and they love to point out that Canelo has to earn the right to face Floyd other than Trout. Even though beating Aydin and Berto was good enough for them for the Ghost to get a shot. I have also heard them say well after Floyd beats Canelo they won't give him credit and they will just look for somebody. Same old same old.

damn some real knowledge being dropped right now.

Comment

Canelo has better resume then Margarito did at that time Canelo has more accomplishments has no L's and looked better in the ring

Canelo is ranked 1 in his division

Comment

Regardless of what his fanboys say, there always been a problem with Floyd fighting certain guys. Not gonna say he's scared or nothing but for some reason, getting Floyd to fight a particular guy next us fans really want is still difficult.

Comment

margarito is complete garbage.

pwill was a much bigger threat..

Comment

Something always stopped the

Margarito
                  Prime Cotto
                  Williams
                  Canelo
                  Pacquiao

fights from happening, but nothing stopped the

Baldomir
                  Guerrero
                  Ndou
                  Mitchell
                  Corely

fights from getting made

Money May da best doe

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    Something always stopped the

Margarito
                    Prime Cotto
                    Williams
                    Canelo
                    Pacquiao
                    Martinez

fights from happening, but nothing stopped the
                    Baldomir
                    Guerrero
                    Ndou
                    Mitchell
                    Corely

fights from getting made

Money May da best doe
                    Correct. Just had to make an addition (in bold)

Comment

Working...
                    X