Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares Willing To Face Santa Cruz, Castellanos, Gonzalez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mares Willing To Face Santa Cruz, Castellanos, Gonzalez

Three division champion Abner Mares (26-0, 14KOs) has wanted to fight in his native Guadalajara, Mexico for quite some time. Speaking to us on BoxingScene Radio, Mares said that he still hopes to fight in Mexico in the near future. WBC President Jose Sulaiman recently said that Mares can have an optional defense before fighting his mandatory challenger Robinson Castellanos. The 27-year-old said that he is also looking at facing former champion Jhonny Gonzalez.

[Click Here To Read More]

2 of my favorites. both have moved up. i think both should take a couple of fights at their present weight classes. then in about a year. duke it out.

Comment

everybady want mares vs guillermo rigondeaux

Comment

Originally posted by reyes066
        everybady want mares vs guillermo rigondeaux
        Except GB...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

What happen to Chris John, Mikey Garcia, Gary Russell, Jr, and Javier Fortuna now that he at 126??

Comment

if mares wanted to fight rigo and santa cruz why didn't he stay at 122??

Comment

Make it happen. Great fights at 122/126 if the promoters will let them happen.

Comment

I would not like to see Mares vs Santa Cruz at this time because Santa Cruz is still green, I remember watching Mares and Cruz spar and Cruz was just catching a one side beating.

Cruz is robotic with his delivery meanwhile Mares selects his punches better.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                  What happen to Chris John, Mikey Garcia, Gary Russell, Jr, and Javier Fortuna now that he at 126??
                  Chris John=no way John takes this fight
                  Fortuna=not ready
                  Russell Jr.=DEFINITELY not ready
                  Garcia- Top Rank-GBP impossibility, so whaddaya gonna do?

Comment

Terremoto and Mares should stay out of each others paths.theyre both gonna become something great! dont ruin it!

Comment

Working...
                    X