Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing question

FLOYD WON, I REPEAT IM NOT ARGUING THE POINT IF HE WON OR NOT

BUT...

in boxing do you really win a round if you connect with 5 jabs and two combos? is that really called WINNING a round? thats pretty much what floyd done but shouldnt they just be 10-10 rounds, like the first one?

Floyd can win a round by dodging punches. And members here will tell you he dominated his opponent that round.

Comment

Canelo hardly landed anything at all so how can u giv him the rounds???

Comment

Originally posted by byrdgang View Post
        FLOYD WON, I REPEAT IM NOT ARGUING THE POINT IF HE WON OR NOT

BUT...

in boxing do you really win a round if you connect with 5 jabs and two combos? is that really called WINNING a round? thats pretty much what floyd done but shouldnt they just be 10-10 rounds, like the first one?
        The best way to judge a fight is to look at the fight n ask yourself. . . "Which boxer would you rather be?"

Comment

^^^ hmm good point

but i am of the thinking you have to something to WIN a round. landind one good shot, and 5 jabs for me is not winning a round. yeah you fought better, but is that really a 10-9 round.

first round was quite clearly to me a 10-10 round

Comment

^^^ hmm good point

but i am of the thinking you have to something to WIN a round. landind one good shot, and 5 jabs for me is not winning a round. yeah you fought better, but is that really a 10-9 round.

I also scored round 1 a draw, just like round 4. And I gave Canelo rounds 11 and 12 but all the other 8 rounds I gave to Floyd.
            Yes, Floyd himself did also not land a lot of punches each round but at the same time he completely shut down Canelo's offense meaning Canelo landed pretty much zero punches each round. So yes, you basically have to give those rounds to Floyd, because how can you score it a draw if Floyd lands 18 punches and Canelo lands 3 punches or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBaureit99 View Post
              I also scored round 1 a draw, just like round 4. And I gave Canelo rounds 11 and 12 but all the other 8 rounds I gave to Floyd.
              Yes, Floyd himself did also not land a lot of punches each round but at the same time he completely shut down Canelo's offense meaning Canelo landed pretty much zero punches each round. So yes, you basically have to give those rounds to Floyd, because how can you score it a draw if Floyd lands 18 punches and Canelo lands 3 punches or whatever.
              landing 7 jabs is not winning a round. canelo didnt even land jabs, i know that but floyd landing 7 jabs a round and then one straight right is not a 10-9 round.

Comment

You score a round on other things too, such as defence.

You hit a guy more than he hits you.. it's quite obvious no?

Comment

^^ so u gave round 1 to mayweather? he touched him maybe 1 jab more and he won that round. not for me g

Comment

^^^ hmm good point

theres different ways people look at fights but i just look for who lands better and is in the most control you could clearly see floyd was not getting hit often and tagging canelo at will at times he won that fight without having to do much work because canelos workrate is not his strong point and people forgot that and thought cause he can hit he would catch floyd and hurt him but floyd took his shots like nothin

Comment

Working...
                    X