Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark My Words - The Apple Ipad Will Be The Biggest Flop of All-Time!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if breakbeat realizes no one cares enough to read the countless articles he posts? i wonder if he realizes for every "fanboy" article, there's just as many that say the opposite? oh well poor dude is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Castenada Jr. View Post
      I wonder if breakbeat realizes no one cares enough to read the countless articles he posts? i wonder if he realizes for every "fanboy" article, there's just as many that say the opposite? oh well poor dude is lost.
      just because his are positive does not make them "fanboy" articles...

he's posting more sources than anyone else here.... regardless of whether you believe them or not

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
        just because his are positive does not make them "fanboy" articles...

he's posting more sources than anyone else here.... regardless of whether you believe them or not

PC Magazine are the biggest Apple fanboys LOL!

Comment

Ihnatko reviews Apple iPad: Pure innovation; one of best computers ever
          Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 08:47 AM EDT

Apple's iPad "is a computer that many people have been wanting for years: a slim, ten-hour computer that can hold every document, book, movie, CD, email, picture, or other scrap of data they’re ever likely to want to have at hand; with a huge library of apps that will ultimately allow it to fulfill nearly any function; and which nonetheless covers the dull compulsories of computing (Mail, the web, and Microsoft Office-style apps) so well that there will be many situations in which this 1.5-pound slate can handily take the place of a laptop bag filled with hardware and accessories," Andy Ihnatko reports for The Chicago Sun-Times.

"In fact, after a week with the iPad, I’m suddenly wondering if any other company is as committed to invention as Apple," Ihnatko reports. "Has any other company ever demonstrated a restlessness to stray from the safe and proven, and actually invent things?"

"It might occur to you that we’ve seen tablets before and that we’ll see many more of them in 2010... Well, I’m here to tell you that in fact, we haven’t seen tablets before. And maybe the iPad is the only true tablet we’ll get in 2010. The hardware we’ve seen in years past, (and what we’re likely to see in [promised] Android devices) are laptop computers with the keyboard section broken off," Ihnatko reports. "They’re not fundamentally touch-based computers, they’re the products of old thinking. When Apple looks at a fingertip, they see a warm, living thing that can feel. They don’t see a poor substitute for a mouse."

"The iPad user experience is instantly compelling and elegant. It’s not every computer and every function. It’s a computer that’s designed for speed, mobility, and tactile interaction above all other considerations," Ihnatko reports. "The most compelling sign that Apple got this right is the fact that despite the novelty of the iPad, the excitement slips away after about ten seconds and you’re completely focused on the task at hand ... whether it’s reading a book, writing a report, or working on clearing your Inbox. Second most compelling: in situation after situation, I find that the iPad is the best computer in my household and office menagerie. It’s not a replacement for my notebook, mind you. It feels more as if the iPad is filling a gap that’s existed for quite some time."

Full review, don't miss Ihnatko's last two paragraphs, here.

MacDailyNews Take: No matter how hard Apple's so-called competitors wish, these iPad reviews are not April Fool's Day jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by ßreakbeat View Post
            PC Magazine are the biggest Apple fanboys LOL!
            i know i let that one speak for itself

Comment

Baig reviews Apple iPad: Fun, stunning and blazingly fast, it’s a winner
              Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 01:05 AM EDT

"The first iPad is a winner. It stacks up as a formidable electronic-reader rival for Amazon's Kindle. It gives portable game machines from Nintendo and Sony a run for their money," Edward C. Baig reports for USA Today. "At the very least, the iPad will likely drum up mass-market interest in tablet computing in ways that longtime tablet visionary and Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates could only dream of."

"An often-asked question after Jobs unveiled the tablet at the end of January was: What is iPad's purpose for being? I answered that question by surfing the Web, watching the movies Up and Michael Jackson's This Is It, reading the late Sen. Edward Kennedy's True Compass, playing Scrabble and an accelerometer-driven game called RealRacing HD, and boning up on the periodic table of elements," Baig reports.

"The iPad is not so much about what you can do — browse, do e-mail, play games, read e-books and more — but how you can do it. That's where Apple is rewriting the rulebook for mainstream computing," Baig reports. "There is no mouse or physical keyboard. Everything is based on touch. All programs arrive directly through Apple's App Store. Apple's tablet is fun, simple, stunning to look at and blazingly fast. Inside is a new Apple chip, the A4."

"What does a successful iPad launch mean for traditional netbooks? They'll have to adapt or disappear," Baig reports. "Apple is taking solid aim at the burgeoning electronic-reader market dominated by the Kindle. Judged solely from a sizzle standpoint: There's no contest... Newspaper and magazine layouts look vastly superior on the iPad compared with Kindle. The iPad is backlit, so you can read in the dark. You have to supply a reading light with Kindle."

Baig reports, "Apple has pretty much nailed it with this first iPad, though there's certainly room for improvement. Nearly three years after making a splash with the iPhone, Apple has delivered another impressive product that largely lives up to the hype."

Full review here.

Comment

No Flash
                Must Use AT&T for service
                No Multitasking
                No Flash
                It's huge, I wonder if apple is going to make cute purses for people like breakbeat to carry there Ipad in...
                It's heavy
                No video out
                No USB
                No 16:9
                No Widgets
                The iPad really is a giant iPhone—so much so that if you want to get a laptop-like experience out of it, you'll need adapters to change the typical 30-pin connector into USB, SD, or AC power....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  No Flash – Flash is a crap plugin that is gonna be replaced by HTML5.
                  Must Use AT&T for service - It comes carrier unlocked.
                  No Multitasking - iPhone 4.0 OS is coming soon with multitasking (expect iPad to receive an OS update as well)
                  No Flash - See above
                  It's huge, I wonder if apple is going to make cute purses for people like breakbeat to carry there Ipad in...
                  It's heavy -
                  Size and weight1

Height:
                  9.56 inches (242.8 mm)
                  Width:
                  7.47 inches (189.7 mm)
                  Depth:
                  0.5 inch (13.4 mm)
                  Weight:
                  1.5 pounds (0.68 kg) Wi-Fi model;
                  1.6 pounds (0.73 kg) Wi-Fi + 3G model
                  Are you a weakling?

No video out - Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
                  No USB - USB adapter
                  No 16:9 - 16:9 suites video and does not really suit the apps
                  No Widgets - Do you need widgets connecting to the internet draining battery life?
                  The iPad really is a giant iPhone—so much so that if you want to get a laptop-like experience out of it, you'll need adapters to change the typical 30-pin connector into USB, SD, or AC power....

It's not a laptop and not meant to replace one.

Here's an article you will like:

Why Apple’s iPad will flop

Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 11:35 AM EDT

"I don’t get it. It costs $500 for the basic model, when you could get a laptop with a lot more functionality for about the same price. The iPad hype machine has been in full effect this week, and I still think it’s just that—hype," Alex Cook blogs for Seeking Alpha.

"Nobody has ever made a commercially successful tablet computer," Cook writes. "So, why then is there so much hype? It’s not just a rhetorical question. For one, even if you are not a Mac user, everyone loves Steve Jobs... That said, Steve Jobs has been wrong before. One of his earlier projects before he was ousted as the Apple CEO (and obviously before he was re-hired later) was the Apple Lisa. It was a computer built in 1983 with a graphical user interface and features now associated with a modern computer—significantly ahead of its time in 1983. Unfortunately, it was horribly expensive and ended up as a commercial flop."

"The iPad could be even worse. At least the Lisa was ahead of its time. The iPad isn’t ahead of anything, but it’s certainly expensive," Cook writes. "Tablet computers didn’t flop when HP was making them because HP lacked vision or creativity; they flopped because tablets were a bad idea."

Cook writes, "I don’t buy the iPad hype. Analyst expectations for iPad revenue are way overblown. If I turn out to be wrong, I’ll gladly eat my words, but I’m pretty sure that I’m not wrong."

Full article here.

MacDailyNews Take: iCal'ed with relish.
                  Last edited by COVID-19; 04-04-2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Doubt you'll read it but....

http://calacanis.com/2009/08/08/the-...in-five-parts/

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post

That was laughable, the guy is talking about Apple having a monopoly in MP3 players........LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X