No announcement yet.

Froch at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch at 175

There aren't too many lucrative matchups for Froch at 168 anymore besides Steiglitz
    Hes angling for the Ward fight, but Ward is talking like Froch really has to give him a reason to make it happen. Beating Kovalev or Stevenson would do just that, and really build the fight for when Ward eventually moves up (which doesn't sound like its anytime soon)
    What do you think of Froch at 175 physically? He has the reach and most would say the chin, but do you think he can still hurt people at that weight?
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%

He wouldn't be as good as at 168 but I can still see hmm achieving great things. Reckon he would take down Kovalev with ease. Stevenson-Froch would be a great fight

Comment

Froch walks around at 173lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Froch walks around at 173lbs.
        Not a bad thing
        Floyd and Manny both walk around at their fight weights

Comment

Given that his greatest assets are his chin, strenght and reach he might run into more problems but hard to say before he gets into a war with a big puncher at 175. Froch workrate might be enough to pull him through.

Comment

Originally posted by walrusthewill View Post
            Not a bad thing
            Floyd and Manny both walk around at their fight weights
            He talks about it here:

Comment

He's not even 175 on fight night. Don't think he will or should move up unless there's a money fight for him.

Comment

He talks about it here:

Thats all right, he asks why he would surrender his advantages and move up to 175
                I think it may be because he is running out of money fights at 168
                He did say he can fight a 175 fighter,
                Personally I think he would fare better against 160 pounders at the 162-3 catch weight he was talking about, but I think the only fight that would happen there is GGG, quillin is showtime not big money and not a big 160 pounder, and martinez has much more lucrative options

Comment

Originally posted by walrusthewill View Post
                  Thats all right, he asks why he would surrender his advantages and move up to 175
                  I think it may be because he is running out of money fights at 168
                  He did say he can fight a 175 fighter,
                  Personally I think he would fare better against 160 pounders at the 162-3 catch weight he was talking about, but I think the only fight that would happen there is GGG, quillin is showtime not big money and not a big 160 pounder, and martinez has much more lucrative options
                  Froch was willing to do a catchweight v Hopkins but his trainer declined the idea, he doesn't believe he should fight above 168.

On the subject of big money fights, there's Chavez, Ward rematch, DeGale, Murray, Golovkin, Kessler rematch, Bute rematch (if he beats Pascal), Hopkins if he moves down as expected.

Comment

Froch was willing to do a catchweight v Hopkins but his trainer declined the idea, he doesn't believe he should fight above 168.

On the subject of big money fights, there's Chavez, Ward rematch, DeGale, Murray, Golovkin, Kessler rematch, Bute rematch (if he beats Pascal), Hopkins if he moves down as expected.
                    If Chavez is fighting at 168 I think it would be against Ward before Froch.
                    Really dont think DeGale is a big fight
                    Murray would do fine in England but woudnt increase Froch's stock
                    Kessler is a better fight than Bute after Froch destroyed him, but its still just maintaining for Froch when he should be looking for bigger fights
                    Hopkins really interests me, where did he say hes moving down for anything besides mayweather?

Comment

Working...
                    X