No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Alvarado-Provodnikov War, Arreola

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Alvarado-Provodnikov War, Arreola

By Robert Morales - Rarely has a fighter gained so much from a defeat the way Ruslan Provodnikov of Russia did in his narrow 12-round decision loss to welterweight champion Timothy

Bradley on March 16 at Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. In taking Bradley to the limit, Provodnikov lost by scores of 114-113, 114-113 and 115-112. He had Bradley hurt the first two rounds, and also decked Bradley in the 12th round of what turned out to be a Fight of the Year candidate.

Bradley showed tremendous heart. But his reputation for that had long been established. Fight fans did not know as much about Provodnikov, but he showed everyone who he was that night. Keep in mind that he moved up in weight for Bradley.

Provodnikov looked like he loved every minute of the brutality. It was an eye-popping performance by a fighter who adores his work. Through manager and translator Vadim Gornilov, Provodnikov on Tuesday painted a picture that made sense of his attitude in the ring.

"When I was a little kid growing up in a small little village-type town, I was fighting a lot (on the streets)," Provodnikov said to BoxingScene.com via telephone following a Denver news conference formally announcing his challenge to junior welterweight champion Mike Alvarado on Oct. 19 at First Bank Center near Denver (on HBO). "I was fighting a lot for respect, I was fighting a lot because I like to fight, and I used to get punished for it." [Click Here To Read More]

Good fights.

Comment

boxing fans knew who & what Provo was by all the times he was on espn, even the 1 w/ a losing effort...I'm more interested in how & what style Tim will use vs him, as toe2toe will b a short nite 4 him...

Comment

Looking forward to both of these fights. Rooting for Provodnikov and Arreola but I do like Alvarado a lot too so I won't be bummed if he wins.

I think Alvarado will win if he boxes but he's in for a long night if he starts trading with Provodnikov. I'm kinda hoping he is lured into a brawl because it will be a blast to watch but I don't think he will be. He showed discipline in the Rios rematch and I think he will do the same in this fight.

If Arreola is really busting his ass like camp is saying, I think he beats Mitchell. Last photo I saw seemed to back that up. Hopefully he shreds that extra weight and comes to the ring in top form.

Comment

Going with alvado in this one ,,I think Chris eats mitchell with his suspect sin.......smh I don't even want think about a wildervsmitchel fight

Comment

This will be a great card to watch. I guess we'll find out who is the most pressure fighter, Rios or Provo. Going into it, I'd imagine it's about even in that, with Provo having more power. But still, I think Alvarado will be able to box smart and handle the pressure.

As for Arreola, usually I don't root for him, but in this fight I am. It sounds like he's more dedicated this time (FINALLY), and it should serve him well. If he goes in there in top shape, I see no way Mitchell makes it to the final bell.

Comment

Working...
            X