Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team USA: Gausha Beats Clock, Stops Hakobyan To Advance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team USA: Gausha Beats Clock, Stops Hakobyan To Advance

By Cliff Rold - 24-year old 2012 U.S. National Amateur Champion Terrell Gausha scored the first stoppage of the London Olympics in a rousing opening round battle. Down one point on the cards going into the third and final round, Gausha dropped 20-year old Andranik Hakobyan twice late in the round to finish the contest.

Gausha came out aggressive in the first, popping the jab and slinging the right. As the round progressed, the rangier counter puncher Hakobyan began to time the American, picking his spots to come forward. A Hakobyan right may have been the difference late in the frame, the Armenian going to the corner ahead 4-3. [Click Here To Read More]

Very entertaining fight that's for sure. Gusha has a good style for the pros.

Comment

best fight I've seen today by far. I was on the edge of my seat especially during the final moments.

Comment

Poor job by the referee. Gausha would have had the decision with out the KO blows after the clock went.

Comment

The fight was close. Gausha is a smooth fighter. He stayed calm too in crunch time. It's a shame that knockdowns are only worth a point in the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            The fight was close. Gausha is a smooth fighter. He stayed calm too in crunch time. It's a shame that knockdowns are only worth a point in the Olympics.
            He pulled away strong in the third even before the KDs. Good showing.
            Last edited by crold1; 07-28-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

are they 16oz gloves? gausha can punch!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                I know its absolutely ******ed. the entire scoring makes no sense most of the fights I have no idea who won the round cuz u don't have a clue how many punches the judges score. u can have a guy who looks like he's dominating a round but then find out he lost the round.

Comment

The coach said that out of all the USA team members, this guy had the most potential because he had the best fundamentals.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    The coach said that out of all the USA team members, this guy had the most potential because he had the best fundamentals.
                    lol He was not very good with his punching technique and his footwork was what i'd describe as bad. He has pretty quick hands and is aggressive thats about it and Hakobyan has always had a total glass jaw. Ramirez, Diaz, Browne, Hunter, Warren, Spence are all considerably better than Guasha. That statement is basically the complete opposite of reality.
                    Last edited by Mikhnienko; 07-28-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X