No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Brook May Return on 3/9, Talks Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Says Brook May Return on 3/9, Talks Alexander

On Monday it was announced that IBF welterweight titlist Devon Alexander hadwithdrawn from his mandatory defence against Kell Brook, scheduled for February 23rd, due to a right bicep injury. Since then, speculation has been rife that Alexander is in-line to face Floyd Mayweather Jr on May 4th, which Mayweather confirmed through his twitter account on Tuesday night.

Kell Brook’s promoter Eddie Hearn spoke to BoxingScene to give his opinion on the news. “I spoke to [Richard] Schaefer yesterday, he said he was meeting with Devon Alexander and Al Haymon yesterday afternoon and it all went very quiet since,” said Hearn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hearn this is exactly like the Stevenson scenario and it's not fair on Brook or Stevenson you can't have your cake and eat it so the pun goes. Don't get me wrong I would prefer Froch V Kessler than Froch v Stevenson any day of the week but that is a personal preference but the point is the No 1 Contender is the No1 contender for a reason and its not the publics wants but the rankings which have to be considered, like I have said many time before on here your mandatory should slway take preference over any unification fight - Froch had his voluntary agianst Mack its only right Stevenson is next then to follow by Kessler in the summer this is to ensure that boxing always wins and no-one is bigger than the sport - whether Stevenson should be no1 contender or not is a different debate, but boxing should always win - so for the sport to win Alexander v Brook better be next or we are heading down a slippery slide - sorry Iam a Old School and that how it should always stay.

Comment

Don't be so fast to schedule another fight. Nothing is set in stone yet.

This era of 24 hour media is funny. People are reacting to a fighter being a "frontrunner" as opposed to a fight actually being signed and sealed.

Comment

Brook needs to fight. He can't afford to be sitting around like that. Sucks that we won't get to watch him on TV here in the US but it is what it is. Hope he comes to fight in the US again.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

but wait, if the belt is on the line, then Brook can fight the winner of Floyd vs Alexander? That will be an even bigger fight for Brook..I dont know..just speculation

Comment

Floyd would just vacate, Brook is not getting a Floyd fight, not in this lifetime.

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
            but wait, if the belt is on the line, then Brook can fight the winner of Floyd vs Alexander? That will be an even bigger fight for Brook..I dont know..just speculation

Comment

assuming the Mayweather business is just a hooplah generated by Mayweather for publicity or negotiation-table leverage, when will Alexander be ready to fight Kell?

if it's not until May or June time, maybe Kell should take a keep-busy.

i highly doubt Devon Alexander is getting a Mayweather fight. which means he has to fight Kell or be stripped just the same as if he fought Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                the IBF have effectively said they would strip Devon if he elected to fight Mayweather next and not Kell.

Comment

Working...
                X