Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Roy Jones' commentating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think vanes would put it on yuri something ugly.

vanes vs. williams would be nice.

Comment

REPLACE kELLERMAN WITH ROY.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        for a moment, i was afraid that Roy would faint from tryin to pronounce Vanes Martirosyan's name

speaking of Vanes, he should fight Yuri
        roy should just give the fighters a nickname at the beginning of the fight or be able to say "the white guy" "the mexican", "the jew", or whatever he wants, as long as we know who he's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          roy should just give the fighters a nickname at the beginning of the fight or be able to say "the white guy" "the mexican", "the jew", or whatever he wants, as long as we know who he's talking about.
          yeah because "cotto" was sounding a lot more like "koda" during the progression of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
            REPLACE kELLERMAN WITH ROY.
            wtf? roy is already replacing lennox? wtf are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post

vanes gets murdered. at vanes needs to try and get in that weak ass miz with spinks.

id hate to see what dzindzurek, angulo, pwill or serg do to him.

Comment

perhaps...i think that way too

i was thinking more along the lines of Vanes' development

he's handled a volume puncher in Ouma, dealt with an economical fighter in Greene and now, he should take on someone with movement

Comment

Roy did great! I was just worried when he was holding the mic it got real close to his chin...One false move and goondnight....Im a Roy Fan but that gave me and the homies a real good laugh sat..

Comment

if he did that, kellerman would interject with, "you know, roy, i started rapping before you"

wouldn't put it past that little prick.
                    He'd be right...

*Not sure how to embed youtube vids here, new here.
                    **ok they won't let me post links because I'm new. YouTube search "Young Man Rumble Max" it's Max Kellerman's rap video from the early 90s. Great stuff. Someone embed it or link to it.

Kellerman is my favorite boxing analyst. He's not great at calling a fight. Roy Jones is easily my favorite person I'd heard call a fight.

The Max line wasn't meant as an insult to Jones. What many probably don't realize, especially newer fans, is that Max is one of the biggest Roy Jones fans and supporters. I don't know Max's exact tops list, but I'd guess it's Whitaker #1, Floyd or Roy at #2 or #3, Tyson at #4. those four have almost certainly gotta be in Kellerman's top 10 of all-time favorites. So anyhow, while Max's line was poorly-ish timed, heck, I thought it was funny, and I'm also a huge fan of Jones. I took it as an attempt at a light joke. Jones and/or the viewers may have taken it as an attempt at a huge disrespectful insult.

Max's views on Cotto didn't bother me. It was an opinion.

HBO sucks. Heart and Soul of boxing my ass. Why don't they have a weekly, or at least monthly boxing talk program? I'd gladly sacrifice a little less Entourage or Big Love or whatever for that. Have Max host with various in-studio guest boxers/personalities. There's enough material out there for an hour every week, or certainly every month. Meh.

Tarver is pretty horrible, although he's certainly improved some. Hyping a fight and calling/analyzing a fight are different things. Tarver was a master trash talker, but it clearly didn't translate to a natural boxing out-of-ring personality.

Roy Jones brings such an awareness of everything going on to the table, and such a fluidity with talking about it that it's all insightful, informative, and entertaining to hear.

Comment

They should get rid of Merchant and keep Roy on permanently

Comment

Working...
                      X