No announcement yet.

Brian Vera to be Golovkin's mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Vera to be Golovkin's mandatory

Shields says he was told by the WBA that Golovkin has to fight Vera by June if Vera wins his next fight on March 29th and Golovkin win's his.

This is a good fight for Golovkin at this time, but I was hoping for Geale/Pirog on that June date...

Comment

Decent fight I guess, Vera gets hit a lot but he likes to trade and he is tough so this should provide action while it lasts.

Comment

So apparently Brian Vera is fighting a nobody on March 29, meanwhile Golovkin is fighting a stiff himself on March 30th. So why didn't Golovkin take the opportunity to fight his mandatory on March 30th and save the HBO June date for a better opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
          So apparently Brian Vera is fighting a nobody on March 29, meanwhile Golovkin is fighting a stiff himself on March 30th. So why didn't Golovkin take the opportunity to fight his mandatory on March 30th and save the HBO June date for a better opponent?
          Cause they apparently just ordered the mandatory. A pretty ridiculous one, I don't see Vera anywhere in the current WBA rankings. Though not any real appealing, makeable fights either.

Comment

Vera is not going to fight him for peanuts on a 2 month turn around off of HBO and it sounds like they just made him the mando. I hope this isnt true

Anyway im not sure how Vera became his mando, he's not even ranked by the WBA

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Cause they apparently just ordered the mandatory. A pretty ridiculous one, I don't see Vera anywhere in the current WBA rankings. Though not any real appealing, makeable fights either.
              Well it sucks that Golovkin will probably have to fight Vera or risk getting stripped, I was hoping for a better opponent on that June date.

Comment

Well it sucks that Golovkin will probably have to fight Vera or risk getting stripped, I was hoping for a better opponent on that June date.
                Me too, it's a disgusting fight. Props to Vera for wanting it, but lets hope for something better. He was in the running for january, and supposedly got vetoed by HBO. Hopefully they pay him a stepaside fee, though I'm sure he'd love to be fight on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Me too, it's a disgusting fight. Props to Vera for wanting it, but lets hope for something better. He was in the running for january, and supposedly got vetoed by HBO. Hopefully they pay him a stepaside fee, though I'm sure he'd love to be fight on HBO.
                  This makes no sense at all. Vera is decent but i dont understand how a guy not ranked in the top 15 can become a mando.

Comment

Oh my when will ''The God of Wars'' bum of the month tour stop?

By the summer he'll be 27-0 with 25 K.O's and still yet to face a legitimate top 10 middleweight.

Hell Ishidas not even top 30 bless him.

At least spare us the bull**** and put him in with someone who'll at least go out on his shield, David Lemiuex will do or is that too much of a risk?
                    Too young? Too much power?
                    Okay Ishida & Vera will do then how about Marcos Nader? Hes a bum with only a 10% K.O ratio but hes undefeated, these lot will buy into it.

Comment

Working...
                    X