• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats next for peter quillin?

havent heard about the guy on here

Originally posted by Pugilist King View Post
    havent heard about the guy on here
    i heard he fighting fernando guerrero bro.

Comment

Guerrero then Rubio gets the winner.

Comment

nice what are the dates? im am really looking forward to his progress anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Guerrero then Rubio gets the winner.
          I mentioned this in another thread; but another nice fight for Pete would've been Gabe Rosado. I haven't seen Guerrero fight, but I'm cool with Rubio next. After that, it might be time to start thinking about bigger fights.

Comment

nice what are the dates? im am really looking forward to his progress anyone else?
            February 13, for Guerrero. Don't know what date they're looking at for Rubio.

Comment

thanks dude. the guy is exciting to watch ive also seen him train. he can break into the elite if he keeps it up

Comment

thanks dude. the guy is exciting to watch ive also seen him train. he can break into the elite if he keeps it up
                Pete's a likeable guy. He's a very athletic, hungry, exciting fighter. I don't know if he has what it takes to be "elite," but I hope he does. I'll be watching.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I mentioned this in another thread; but another nice fight for Pete would've been Gabe Rosado. I haven't seen Guerrero fight, but I'm cool with Rubio next. After that, it might be time to start thinking about bigger fights.
                  Rubio is kinda meh for me. He's already champion so he needs to step it up. I don't really blame him for fighting Rubio tho cause it's the sanctioning body pushing for that fight.
                  Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Pete's a likeable guy. He's a very athletic, hungry, exciting fighter. I don't know if he has what it takes to be "elite," but I hope he does. I'll be watching.
                  Quillin needs to step up his BOXING if he wants to be elite. What I mean is, he gotta learn some new stuff and stop relying on his power so much. I'll admit that his last fight his power is what won him the fight. But hey, it was a great victory and he got the job done. But if he meets a boxing like Njikam again who can take his punches he will get schooled, unless he improves in some areas.

One more thing, I know Quillin is very dedicated to his training but his stamina is a problem as well. It was one of the major problems his last fight. I understand he's never been 12 before but he needs to work on his stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Rubio is kinda meh for me. He's already champion so he needs to step it up. I don't really blame him for fighting Rubio tho cause it's the sanctioning body pushing for that fight.

Quillin needs to step up his BOXING if he wants to be elite. What I mean is, he gotta learn some new stuff and stop relying on his power so much. I'll admit that his last fight his power is what won him the fight. But hey, it was a great victory and he got the job done. But if he meets a boxing like Njikam again who can take his punches he will get schooled, unless he improves in some areas.

One more thing, I know Quillin is very dedicated to his training but his stamina is a problem as well. It was one of the major problems his last fight. I understand he's never been 12 before but he needs to work on his stamina.
                    I think Rubio's a good fight. Not great, but he can't be slept on. Put it that way. But I agree, Pete needs to step it up after Marco Antonio.

The "Kid" has good power, although he's a little "slappy." Power is the great equalizer, so I'm glad he's got it. Pete needs to work on some things I have to say I'm not convinced he'll improve much upon. As you say, he's a dedicated guy. With all that athleticism and training, you would think his stamina would be top-notch. Makes me wonder if Quillin just doesn't have it in him. Some people just don't have those kind of genes. And he's not gonna become this awesomely skilled boxer at this stage in his career. He'll improve, but only so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X