Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
    First of Floyd Sr. is not part of team Floyd.

Secondly the article clearly says "The Mayweather camp's demand for random, Olympic-style drug testing, via blood sampling, and opposed by the Filipino camp stalled a negotiation that had earlier looked to have taken s smooth road to completion by year 2009 end.
    All other key issues -- money, weight, venue – had been agreed upon quickly.
    "

"You see where it says "earlier looked to have taken smooth road to completion" which means that there was no indication from team Pac that testing was an issue until it was time to sign and all hell broke lose with Pac's sudden development of phobia of needles. This all happened when it was time to sign. Anytime,anywhere came before all this and is why everything appeared to go smoothly because Floyd was agreeing on all of Pac's demands. Infact the only issue that was being anticipated was the split. Arum and Team Pac where surprised that Floyd would agree to a 50/50 split. It was even suggested that Floyd was going to duck the fight by not accepting a even split. At this point testing was not an issue and nobody was even concerned about it because it wasn't a big deal until Pac made it at the last minute.
    Floyd Sr started this "Manny is taking PEDs" ... so please don't say that Floyd Sr had nothing to do with this .... as it did. Floyd SR was spooked after the Cotto fight and got his son and team spooked too!

Furthermore, Floyd Jr is even now saying the SAME THINGS that his father was saying back then. "How can a midget come from 106 to 147-150 and beat these bigger and stronger fighters?" Who said that? BOTH!!! Sr and Jr

Yes, earlier it looked good .... so good that Manny was ready and willing and signed .... this is what was meant by that ...... see below:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content6413.html

Comment

Just for those that don't know here is some boxing IQ on Floyd VS Pac.....Testing was not a last minute thing. Pac's sudden fear of needles when it was time to sign was!!!!

"Anytime,anywhere"

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Floyd Sr started this "Manny is taking PEDs" ... so please don't say that Floyd Sr had nothing to do with this .... as it did. Floyd SR was spooked after the Cotto fight and got his son and team spooked too!

Furthermore, Floyd Jr is even now saying the SAME THINGS that his father was saying back then. "How can a midget come from 106 to 147-150 and beat these bigger and stronger fighters?" Who said that? BOTH!!! Sr and Jr

Yes, earlier it looked good .... so good that Manny was ready and willing and signed .... this is what was meant by that ...... see below:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content6413.html
        Your not staying intopic and your just invading from the argument. Testing was not a last minute thing. Anytime,anywhere came before negotiations. Testing was the first thing on the contract so after everything was agreed upon "everything seemed to go smoothly", Pac developed a last minute needle phobia!!!! Thats a fact which the article you posted even said. Everything else you posting has nothing to do with how anytime,anywhere became a needle phobia when it was time to sign!!! Everything else came afterwards..

Comment

Just for those that don't know here is some boxing IQ on Floyd VS Pac.....Testing was not a last minute thing. Pac's sudden fear of needles when it was time to sign was!!!!

"Anytime,anywhere"

lol! you skipped it all ...

and who said testing was a LAST MINUTE ISSUE??? Not me .... I was saying IT WAS AN ISSUE and you were saying IT WASN'T AN ISSUE .... so you finally agreed that YOU were WRONG and you didn't even realize it! lol!

Floyd wasn't interested as much as you think ..... if he would have been, it wouldn't be smart ACCUSING Manny of taking PEDs for starters nor would the goalposts keep on moving.

Secondly, go to 9:30 of this video clip. You may think that this was a recent video clip since Floyd is saying "No way am I going to give Manny 50/50" but this was prior to the original negotiations with Manny.

Comment

[QUOTE=WESS;12427735]10th? lol

So is the old thread canned? That would have been one hell of a mess to go through in a few years!!!!!![/QUOT

THANKS ARGUMENT SETTLED CASE CLOSED.
            Last edited by KnuckleGames TV; 08-25-2012, 09:37 AM. Reason: Can't get all of the quote into my post

Comment

Almost happy to see the old thread go it was getting too big anyway.

Comment

I honestly don't think this fight will go ahead as much as I'd love to see it. Pacquiao is one of the few could pose a real threat to Mayweather. As a boxing fan this would be a fantastic clash of two titans of the ring but as a major Pacquiao fan I hope the Pac Man KO's Money Mayweather and ruins his record.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  lol! you skipped it all ...

and who said testing was a LAST MINUTE ISSUE??? Not me .... I was saying IT WAS AN ISSUE and you were saying IT WASN'T AN ISSUE .... so you finally agreed that YOU were WRONG and you didn't even realize it! lol!

Floyd wasn't interested as much as you think ..... if he would have been, it wouldn't be smart ACCUSING Manny of taking PEDs for starters nor would the goalposts keep on moving.

Secondly, go to 9:30 of this video clip. You may think that this was a recent video clip since Floyd is saying "No way am I going to give Manny 50/50" but this was prior to the original negotiations with Manny.

Your all over the place trying to cloud the argument once again. Its the timing of Pac's issue with testing that is the point. If Pac's team responds with anytime,anywhere when first hearing about Floyd's demand of testing then why did it became a last minute problem for Pac when it was time to sign. Testing became an issue for Pac when it was time to sign and not when first hearing about it!!!

Why did Pac wait for the last minute to develop a needle phobia after everything was agreed upon after giving no indication the testing was going to be an issue when first hearing about it and responding with anytime,anywhere?

I still haven't heard an answer from any Pac supporter about my question above in blue?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                    Almost happy to see the old thread go it was getting too big anyway.
                    Am sure. Pac was getting murdered on the poll "who wins between Floyd and Manny". I wonder if the poll results were in reverse if it would have survived

Comment

Your all over the place trying to cloud the argument once again. Its the timing of Pac's issue with testing that is the point. If Pac's team responds with anytime,anywhere when first hearing about Floyd's demand of testing then why did it became a last minute problem for Pac when it was time to sign. Testing became an issue for Pac when it was time to sign and not when first hearing about it!!!

Why did Pac wait for the last minute to develop a needle phobia after everything was agreed upon after giving no indication the testing was going to be an issue when first hearing about it and responding with anytime,anywhere?

I still haven't heard an answer from any Pac supporter about my question above in blue?
                      You know it (I hope), I know it, the world knows it .... it has NOTHING to do with needles, so stop that nonsense .... perhaps that is why nobody is responding to you! lol!

Testing was not a last minute problem ... it was a problem as soon as Floyd and company began their accusations of Manny being on PEDs with no proof but naturally, it became a real problem as soon as Floyd asked for testing with no cutoff dates.

This was not standard stuff (rules) .... it was Floyd who wanted total control of the process as far as testing is concerned. So they were NEGOTIATING and they didn't agree on the cutoff dates. To you, it appeared to be a last minute but it wasn't .....

Manny was interviewed saying that he was concerned about giving blood as it may affect him for his training and fight ... since he believes that contributed in his defeat against Morales in the first fight. Manny also said that he believed that Floyd was trying to get an advantage .... possibly to get a physical and/or a psychological advantage.

That was back then but now Manny has agreed to testing.

but Floyd and company were spooked after the Cotto defeat .... as time went by Manny kept beating up on bigger guys and Floyd removed cutoff dates entirely and then went on vacation so there was no way of having a fight ..... and now, after 2+ years of this, Floyd asked something real crazy "I want ALL PPV money" because he knew Manny/Arum would not go for that.

You hang on to those dumb remarks about needles but forget that it was Floyd that put other roadblocks once the testing issue was resolved.
                      Last edited by ADP02; 08-26-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X