Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did pernell Whitaker train Judah to be defensive first?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did pernell Whitaker train Judah to be defensive first?

Is that why he wasnt throwing as much??

To me it look like Whitaker trained Judah to fight like Whitaker. Which is dumb as hell.

Comment

Yes. They both confirmed that.

He tried to turn a Pitbull into a Golden Retriever. I think Zab could still get off first and still not get as much but playing counter puncnher defensive guy isnt for him.

Comment

No that's how Zab always is. Pernell just helped him avoid a lot of punishment. Why do you think his dad has always told him the same advice in the corner?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSVDZ...ailpage#t=274s

Comment

No, look at the corner, Pernell told him to get under Khan's punches and hook to the body. Then he emphasized on pressuring Khan and throwing punches (Something Whitaker would have done).

I think it's safe to say that Judah's problems are mental and most likely a trainer isn't gonna fix that. Emanuel Steward will soon realize that with Chad Dawson as well, same issues, slightly difference problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            No, look at the corner, Pernell told him to get under Khan's punches and hook to the body. Then he emphasized on pressuring Khan and throwing punches (Something Whitaker would have done).

I think it's safe to say that Judah's problems are mental and most likely a trainer isn't gonna fix that. Emanuel Steward will soon realize that with Chad Dawson as well, same issues, slightly difference problems.
            I thought Chad looked pretty good in his last fight. Steward may have wanted a knockout but its hard to knock out someone like Diaconu.

Comment

Nah, Pea just helped his D a ton. It wouldve been way worst without Pea. Zab has alot of fights where he goes into a shell and wont let his hands go, espically after a certain point

Comment

Agree 100%

Comment

Zab simply could not cope with the pace of the fight and Khans speed

he had not time to breath or think, he froze up, at times in the fight he was just standing in one spot, legs bent, covering his face.

they did not believe khan was fast, underestimated the mans speed

Comment

Before Dawson fought Adamek, Mayweather Sr. grilled Dawson for 6 six weeks doing it his way. Mayweather Sr. worked Dawson's ass off showing him new techniques and everything what was the result? Dawson by a dominating performance.

Before Dawson fought Tarver for the first time, Eddie Muhammad, trained Dawson hard for 8 weeks, what was the result? Dawson looked like his old self and completely dominated Tarver.

Dawson can work hard in the gym and Emmanuel Steward will fix whatever mistakes Dawson has.

Dawson isn't Judah. Dawson just needs a trainer who will make him work his ass off in the gym. Mayweather Sr. did that but I don't know why Dawson split up with him.
                    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 07-24-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X