Comments Thread For: Juanma Lopez Hoping To Get a Crack at Mikey Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wishful thinking...

Comment

Not a fan of triangles or boxing maths, but in this instance, i believe Salido beat Juanma twice, Garcia beat Salido so my money is Garcia boxes the arse of Juanma and wins by easy UD or mid to late stoppage. Simple. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Look how this guy has fallen!
        JuanMa was considered P4P at one point. He may not be as good as we once thought, but he's still an entertaining fighter with excellent power. I'd love to see Lopez fight Garcia. You have to favor Mikey, of course, but it would be a good fight.

Comment

Make the fight

I say they should make the fight. Mickey Garcia has fought in Puerto Rico on Lopez undercards and if I remember correctly the Salido fight was in New York. So Puerto Rican fans are well aware of who he is and what he brings to the table.
          Plus in Lopez you have a guy who will always come forward. Even when getting tagged with heavy shots, against Salido the guy kept pushing forward. Gotta love guys like that.
          Make the fight happen and see what happens. In boxing one good punch can change a guys career.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            JuanMa was considered P4P at one point. He may not be as good as we once thought, but he's still an entertaining fighter with excellent power. I'd love to see Lopez fight Garcia. You have to favor Mikey, of course, but it would be a good fight.
            Co-sign, despite Juanma's flaws the man has never taken a backward step and is a crowdpleaser even if you aren't a fan of sluggers.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Yea he was almost up there for a minute, he had everything going up for him. Hope he can pick himself up again but it's amazing how far down he has gone in the last 18 months or so, I would never imagine him having to call out up and comers like Mikey Garcia but hey whatever gets him back in the game is all good.

Comment

Garcia has the potential to end this fight early. A top level boxer/mover automatically is a problem for Lopez, who IMO is average without being able to land his right hook with any regularity. Garcia can move, on top of having the capability to land big counter power shots in the process. Salido wasn't just coming forward, he was moving at angles and boxing at times, switching up his attacks. Lopez looked lost when he seen that he had to be the aggressor. I can honestly see Garcia catching Lopez early leaning in and finishing him off.

Comment

Since Gamboa is eyeing 35 why not

Comment

Mikey Beats JuanMa at 130 or 128 it doesn't matter what the weight is. Mikey is to smart of a boxer to lose to Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      I'm Okay with JuanMa getting fully retired.
                      yeah! thats how i look at it.

Comment

Working...
                      X