No announcement yet.

I know he just got back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know he just got back

but based on his most recent performance, do any of you still believe George St. Pierre has a shot against Anderson Silva?

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
    but based on his most recent performance, do any of you still believe George St. Pierre has a shot against Anderson Silva?
    I think he's just one notch below Silva.

Comment

Silvas ending his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        At MW GSP has no chance, but at catchweight, GSP by UD. (just imagine how Silva survive GSP's GnP if he's fighting lower than 185 lbs)

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
          At MW GSP has no chance, but at catchweight, GSP by UD. (just imagine how Silva survive GSP's GnP if he's fighting lower than 185 lbs)
          i don't know. i am not the most learned mma fan but i saw GSP get hit a lot. who's a better striker than Silva?

Comment

GSP is strongest at what Silva is weakest at. I believe GSP has a chance, but Silva is a whole lot bigger than GSP...

Comment

If they were the same size, GSP might have a chance. As things stand, the fight is a mismatch. Even if they were the same size I'd probably favor Silva. GSP is obviously a very good fighter, but he is not beating Silva. We also don't know whether GSP can get back to form or not, of course.

Comment

They've been talking about this fight for years. Make it happen already, the UFC hasn't had a champ vs. champ bout of that high a profile since Penn-Hughes.

Comment

Can't see GSP beating Silva. First off, no way in hell he can finish Anderson so he'd have to survive for 25 minutes, but Anderson only needs one good opening or moment to finish him. With GSP's chin and sensitive skin, Anderson would brutalise him.

Comment

If the fight happens at 170, then GSP would be the favourite but anything north of 175lbs it is hard to see past Silva. Silva is a big guy and his striking is amazing. I can see GSP laying on him for a round at most, maybe two but apart from that Silva can end the fight very quickly on the feet. GSP uses his striking to setup his takedowns, but his striking is terrible compared to Silva. His MMA wrestling is awesome though, Sonnen is the only guy who probably has better top control but GSP has better submission defence.

Comment

Working...
                    X