Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mitchell Will Not Be Rushed To The Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mitchell Will Not Be Rushed To The Klitschkos

ATLANTIC CITY — As impressive as Seth Mitchell’s comeback from first-round adversity was two weeks ago, his third-round technical knockout victory over Chazz Witherspoon provided plenty of proof that Mitchell is nowhere near ready to challenge one of the Klitschko brothers.

[Click Here To Read More]

He's still a bit green to be facing the likes of either Klitschko. Hopefully he will be ready within a year but that's pushing it.

Comment

Mitchell needs world class trainers

Mitchell needs better development and tougher fights and better trainers. Who knows where he will be in a year or so?? Funny he seems to be America's only heavyweight hope. Aerrola is a mexican.

Comment

Either Klitschkos will wipe the floor against Seth. Seth is good but not against the Klitschkos. Just Wladmir will pepper Seth with the jabs all night and knock his head off a right. If Chazz can rock Seth, imagine what the Klitchkos will do. One thing I do like about Seth is that he has heart and determined.

Comment

Yep that's what Mitchell should do and I thought he'd do, he'll improve

Comment

goldenboy is finally figuring **** out

finally

dont rush this kid

you can probably get to wladimir without facing arreola, chisora, chambers, guys that would give him problems. i dont see any reason to think chambers cant outbox him. cant see any reason chisora cant go 12 with him any maybe drown him late. dont see any reason why arreola cant knock him out.

get him to the klitschkos as ready as he's going to get. lets face it, the kid isnt going to beat wladimir klitschko. get him paid, make it a huge fight, and hopefully get some casual american fans interested in the division again.

the allure of mitchell in my eyes is that he's got the potential to appeal to casual american fans. he's american, good looking, educated, and most importantly he's got a very entertaining style. he's a total horse. he's likely to be in short and entertaining fight that make for great ESPN highlights and water cooler banter

max kellerman ****, but it is what it is.

hardcore fans love a fightlike that too. we're just not used to seeing talented big men who fight aggressively. at least not lately.

Comment

Seth can only get better. Give him a year or 2 years.

Seth will be better and the Klit brothers will have aged a few more years.

Plenty of fun fights to make outside the bros.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Seth can only get better. Give him a year or 2 years.

Seth will be better and the Klit brothers will have aged a few more years.

Plenty of fun fights to make outside the bros.

i dont think he wins all of them. arreola would fuck mitchell up, for example

being undefeated is going to be a huge part of his appeal stateside

however silly that might be.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i dont think he wins all of them. arreola would fuck mitchell up, for example

being undefeated is going to be a huge part of his appeal stateside

however silly that might be.
                  Probably. But Arreola might end up damaged like Sam Peter after he fights Wlad.

He could be primed for the picking afterwards.

Comment

There gonna wait for the Klitschko's the retire then stick Mitchell in against Tyson Fury for the Super Duper Heavyweight championship of the Universe.

You heard it here first.

Comment

Working...
                    X