No announcement yet.

Let's not get carried away with Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's not get carried away with Broner

Boxing fans are excited, especially the Americans, and rightfully so Broner looks like he is going to elite, but he is not there...yet. The only real name he has on his record is ponce de leon. Also take into consideration he is a huge at 130. This morning I have seen some ridiculous comparisons, I am excited about him, you consider him Gamboa, Rios, and you can trow Gary Russell in the mix and we have some serious talent coming through, and some potentially exciting match ups. But let's not get carried away with this kid just yet, let's see him unify the belts and then we'll have a better understanding of his potential.

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    Boxing fans are excited, especially the Americans, and rightfully so Broner looks like he is going to elite, but he is not there...yet. The only real name he has on his record is ponce de leon. Also take into consideration he is a huge at 130. This morning I have seen some ridiculous comparisons, I am excited about him, you consider him Gamboa, Rios, and you can trow Gary Russell in the mix and we have some serious talent coming through, and some potentially exciting match ups. But let's not get carried away with this kid just yet, let's see him unify the belts and then we'll have a better understanding of his potential.
    Too much like right.....

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      oh the boy is good.. Closest I seen to May since... well May

Comment

I think he should focus more on his own style instead of emulating Floyd. The offense maybe he can get away with but he is far from mastering Mayweather's defense and in a bind, he may get rocked trying to pull a Floyd impression. The antics are ok, IMO as the sport has always had a showman who either gets carried out on a chariot or who comes out with rappers or who dances in the ring. He should define himself though instead of trying to be Floyd.

Eventually, Floyd might want to end his career by fighting Broner just to prove a point....there can be only one. Also there is the potential for a lawsuit where Floyd might try to sue him for some type of identity theft, lol.

Comment

He was impressive, not amazing but very impressive. Hard to jump completely on board when Eloy played into his hands so willingly, but it's hard to utterly destroy a fight that way.

Comment

Working...
          X