Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Official Kell Brook vs Matthew Hatton, undercards RbR discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Official Kell Brook vs Matthew Hatton, undercards RbR discussion

Kell Brook takes on Matthew Hatton in the main event on a card which features rising talents Carl Frampton and Gregor Proksa.

I think Brook will look special at times as he cruises to a points win or late stoppage. Hatton is a good enough boxer to cause Brook some problems but I expect Kell to step it up once he's figured him out. Hatton is a step in the right direction but I hope his next opposition has some recent experience of being amongst the top fighters at 147 lbs.

Frampton is the co-main event and takes on Ghanaian, Prosper Ankrah. Ankrah's record is horrible and doesn't look like he'll last more than a round against Frampton.

Polish sensation, Gregor Proksa, is another co-main event in a fight against Welshman, Kerry Hope. Hope spent time in America with trainer Freddie Roach in a last ditch effort of getting something out of the sport. In his most recent fight he picked up a majority decision over Tony Hill. Stopped twice in his three losses, he doesn't look to prove much competition to a fighter who stopped the former IBF world champion in 3 rounds.

Purdy returns after he lost his British welterweight belt to take on Adnan Amar. For a 26 fight veteran, Amar has a very mediocre record and has not mixed it with the sort of quality Purdy has. Purdy packs a bit of a punch and this fight promises a stoppage.

John Ryder, 23, is already being talked up as a possible opponent for Billy Joe Saunders in the future. He faces Alistair Warren ( 8-1 ) on the undercard and it looks to be a good battle.

Ryan Aston, who turned 21 only 6 days ago, came into the paid ranks with a bit of hype behind him. His amateur credentials do not rival that of someone like Billy Joe Saunders, but at only 21 he has turned over at a young age and has already shown a lot of promise. He faces durable journeyman, Lee Noble and a stoppage in this fight would make a huge statement. Noble's only been stopped twice in 21 losses against Martin Murray & Gregor Proksa. Both of which had much more experience than Aston at the time of their respective fights.

Eamonn O'Kane looks to continue his impressive start in the professional ranks when he takes on Wayne Reed in a six round competition. O'Kane, 29, has a good amateur background and is being progressed well.

The last fight on the card is Scott Cardle, who makes his professional debut. I don't know anything about Cardle but he must have some form of potential or promise to be having his first fight on this card.

Prediction:

Brook late stoppage/117 - 112 pts
    Frampton KO2
    Proksa KO1
    Purdy KO3
    Ryder KO5
    Aston Pts 60 - 54
    O'Kane KO2
    Last edited by D-MiZe; 03-17-2012, 07:34 AM.

Great read, good post

Comment

Will be hoping for a Purdy win first and foremost with him being from my town. He's a domestic fighter at best but hopefully he can win back the British title at some stage.

As for Brook/Hatton, I can't see anything other than a Brook win. He has to stop Hatton though to make a bit of a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
        Will be hoping for a Purdy win first and foremost with him being from my town. He's a domestic fighter at best but hopefully he can win back the British title at some stage.

As for Brook/Hatton, I can't see anything other than a Brook win. He has to stop Hatton though to make a bit of a statement.
        purdy is getting whooped by amar and then brook scrapes through a win via robbery.
        i think matt hatton is being underestimated in this fight,he will give brook problems imo...

time for brook to be taken into deep waters by hatton,looking forward to it,should be a good night of boxing

Comment

I reckon Hatton is definitely giving Brook some problems. How Brook deals with it is the real the question.

He's either going to adjust well and really use his speed and reflex based style to his advantage or get caught on the end of Hatton's jab and taken out of rhythm. Brook looks really good when he lets his hands go once he goes in for the kill.

Brook could look special.

Comment

Why are you so confident about Amar beating Purdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
              Why are you so confident about Amar beating Purdy?
              seen both fight before,based on styles i think amar outboxes him in a good fight

Comment

Pffft Have you seen Amar's record mate? His record includes FOUR wins over Ernie Smith LOL

Purdy KO'd Watson twice who did beat Hatton comfortably a few years back.

Purdy wins by devastating KO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
                  I reckon Hatton is definitely giving Brook some problems. How Brook deals with it is the real the question.

He's either going to adjust well and really use his speed and reflex based style to his advantage or get caught on the end of Hatton's jab and taken out of rhythm. Brook looks really good when he lets his hands go once he goes in for the kill.

Brook could look special.
                  I can't see Brook being caused too many problems to be honest.

Hatton's just not the same level IMO. I'm sure he will put up a good fight as he always does and have a couple of good moments but I expect Brook to stop him at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                    Pffft Have you seen Amar's record mate? His record includes FOUR wins over Ernie Smith LOL

Purdy KO'd Watson twice who did beat Hatton comfortably a few years back.

Purdy wins by devastating KO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    good call 500 mil on amar??

Comment

Working...
                    X