No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Burns Leaning Away From Broner Date of 2/16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Burns Leaning Away From Broner Date of 2/16

RICKY BURNS, the World Boxing Organization lightweight champion from Coatbridge, has been offered the unification bout he craves against the undefeated American Adrien Broner.

Richard Schaefer, chief executive of Broner's promoter, Golden Boy, confirmed at the weekend that he has been in discussions with counterpart Frank Warren, who looks after Burns' interests, with a proposal that the fight takes place in Atlantic City on February 16.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nothing new here.....

Comment

If Burns turns it down then he is all talk. he always talked about wanting to unify and win the Ring championship. here is his chance.

Comment

Still ducking Broner i see..lol

Comment

he wont fight broner

Comment

He should make this fight. If he can't do it now, he certainly won't be able to beat Broner after "one more fight." And if he loses so what? He will still make plenty of money in the U.K. He should just man up and make the fight, he is who he is at this point. I don't think he can beat Broner anyway...

Comment

He's asking for $800,000. Pretty ridiculous.

Comment

Sounds like Alex Morrison is the key individual in making Ricky turn his back on this fight.

The idea of taking up more one more fight is silly, as it will not prepare him any differently.

Burns needs to be his own man and step up.

Comment

LOL@ this wanna be champion. I don't blame them though.

Comment

Is Broner getting $800k yet? How are you gonna ask for more than the A-side is getting?

I didn't want to believe it, but it does look like like Burns/his people are ducking Broner.

Comment

Working...
                    X