No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer, Arum Discuss Martirosyan vs Angulo Further

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer, Arum Discuss Martirosyan vs Angulo Further

Eric Gomez further elaborated to BoxingScene.com on recent news that Golden Boy and Top Rank commenced talks to stage a winter fight between Alfredo Angulo (20-1, 17 KOs) and WBC No. 1 junior middleweight contender Vanes Martirosyan (30-0, 19 KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

November maybe too early for Angulo, I think he'd benefit from another tune-up after being inactive for so long. Though I'm not sure how great of boxing form he's in right now, maybe he'd been training this whole time out of the ring. He did look good in his last fight, granted that was against a certified tomato can.

I just don't want any excuses about inactivity if he were to lose to Vanes. And please spare me, he may very well lose if Vanes boxes smart and avoids a brawl like the plague, there's no certainty like many of you on here like to claim. Angulo's gonna need all the technical preparation he can get going against someone who can box his head off in circles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bierstadt View Post
      November maybe too early for Angulo, I think he'd benefit from another tune-up after being inactive for so long. Though I'm not sure how great of boxing form he's in right now, maybe he'd been training this whole time out of the ring. He did look good in his last fight, granted that was against a certified tomato can.

I just don't want any excuses about inactivity if he were to lose to Vanes. And please spare me, he may very well lose if Vanes boxes smart and avoids a brawl like the plague, there's no certainty like many of you on here like to claim. Angulo's gonna need all the technical preparation he can get going against someone who can box his head off in circles.
      I would have to agree. Angulo has fought a total of 5 minutes in the past 13-14 months. That is not good. He would greatly benefit from a real tune-up; I would like to see a fight with him against Grady Brewer. Grady is a guy he SHOULD be able to beat but at the same time give him good work for a good number of rounds, if not all ten or twelve.

Comment

War perro de mexicali!

Comment

Make that fight happen. I hope the Angulo that fought Cintron doesn't show up. If he has improved in his craft when facing a boxer then I would take him to beat Vanes. Hell he might beat Vanes even if he didn't

Comment

Please make it happen. We need to see these two guys fight again and what better way than against each other.

Comment

Working...
            X