Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Ruling Out Trout, Ready to Start Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear they plan on stepping up in competition. Now we can finally stop hearing about all the bi*ching and complaining.

Comment

Why would they mention march?Hope its trout or angulo.

Comment

I see what you're saying, definitely. The championships floating around in boxing don't really mean much to me though, or anyone. But he is pretty unproven to be such a big name and to be a cash cow, that's business I guess. I don't deny that Canelo has a lot of marketing behind him, and I can understand wanting to see a 'teen idol' type of fighter get thrashed. Every time I see him fight he seems very calm and level headed, no super obvious flaws.

But again, I still can't wait for his first big fire fight. I am inclined to believe he's legit but this is boxing and way more shocking stuff has happened.

Still wish that Paul Williams hadn't gotten hurt, I was more excited for that than anything in the last couple years.

Comment

So Mayweather-Guererro is a lock then it seems? As expected.

Canelo needs to sign this fight with Trout and the fight can be announced tomorrow.

Why is it taking so long? It's simple.

Comment

What it looks like to me is that Team Canelo wants to step up and take on the best fighters in the world.

The only thing holding him back from doing so is Fishnets and Co. who want to keep protecting and milking him.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              What it looks like to me is that Team Canelo wants to step up and take on the best fighters in the world.

The only thing holding him back from doing so is Fishnets and Co. who want to keep protecting and milking him.
              Possibly.

His team have said "If we can't find an opponent we will move to March"

Yet, Trout is clearly available and wants to fight him in May.

I'm still hopeful for this fight but I'm not sure now.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                So Mayweather-Guererro is a lock then it seems? As expected.

Canelo needs to sign this fight with Trout and the fight can be announced tomorrow.

Why is it taking so long? It's simple.
                Likely because they don't wanna pay him anything over what he made in the Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Possibly.

His team have said "If we can't find an opponent we will move to March"

Yet, Trout is clearly available and wants to fight him in May.

I'm still hopeful for this fight but I'm not sure now.
                  Trout has a wedding scheduled on April 20th. Maybe the move to March is to work around that date.

Comment

I dont really see anyone @154 giving Canelo a better fight than Trout would...maybe Lara but only when he's really in the zone. Angulo,Kirkland and others would all get destroyed....cotto would have gotten destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                      Why would they mention march?Hope its trout or angulo.
                      Angulo is way to easy to hit and his power is overrated, his last fight he was getting outboxed
                      Last edited by FrankieBruno; 01-04-2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X