Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Is Floyd now higher on the ATG List then Lewis? Will he be when he's done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it is really no official "ATG LIST" or "RANKING" so I never understood why do people even waste their time trying to argue over these Rankings put together by Writers and Reporters just for fun

but I think most of them would rate Mayweather over Lennox, Lennox never really got the respect he deserved, especially from the media in the US

While Mayweather gets disrespected by the media and some fans a lot, nobody is stupid enough to try and deny that mans BOXING SKILLS (besides a hand full of stupid childish internet fans)

with Lennox, it was always negativity towards the guy "HE IS JUST BIG" "HE HAS A GLASS CHIN" blah blah blah
    Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 05-09-2012, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      In their prime? ....Joe Frazier, Muhammad Ali, Holyfield....Lennox Lewis was in his prime for that lose to McCall, he did avenge it though...Rahman even though he was older i just think he took dude far too lightly
      Yeah. Ali in his "prime" (1964-1967) whupped everyone.

Ali is hands down, the best HW ever. H2H in his prime, I can't see favoring anyone to beat him. And on top of that, he beat 4 ATG HW's in his career. Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Joe Frazier, and George Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

Ali is hands down, the best HW ever. H2H in his prime, I can't see favoring anyone to beat him. And on top of that, he beat 4 ATG HW's in his career. Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Joe Frazier, and George Foreman.
        yep...its ****ed up they took his best years away like that...we sure couldve gotten to see the very best of both when he and Frazier fought the first time

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          yep...its ****ed up they took his best years away like that...we sure couldve gotten to see the very best of both when he and Frazier fought the first time
          Ali wouldn't have lost to Frazier if he hadn't been banned for 3 1/2 years. They probably would have fought in 68-69, and Ali would have still had the same speed and stamina he did in his prime.

On Facing Ali, Chuvalo himself said Ali wasn't the same after his 3 1/2 year layoff. He said Ali didn't have the same speed in his legs, the same stamina, couldn't throw as lengthy of combinations, and had to lay on the ropes a lot more.

That's why I laugh when people say Joe and Ken beat a prime Ali. Ali never lost in his prime. Had Ali not been forced to take a 3 1/2 year layoff, his prime could have possibly extended into 71-72. And how he looked in 71', he may not have hit that stage until 73-74. There's no telling when he would have lost.

Frazier still gets his due for beating a past prime-still good Ali though, and rightfully so.

Comment

Floyd Patterson is not an ATG HW.

Comment

I think its hard to say really. Lennox Lewis beat both Mike Tyson and Vitali Klitsckho by stoppage. But Floyd has an undefeated record while fighting in multiple weight divisions. I think its neck and neck but after Floyd beats Pacquiao there is no question he will be above Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Floyd Patterson is not an ATG HW.
                He did have wins over Tommy Jackson (#1 ranked HW), Archie Moore (#2 ranked HW), Roy Harris (Top 10 HW), Brian London (Top 10 HW), Ingemar Johansson (WORLD/RING HW champ), Eddie Machen (Top 10 HW), George Chuvalo (Top 10 HW), Henry Cooper, and Oscar Bonavena (Top 10 HW).

Wins over 2 HOF fighters in Moore and Johansson, he just had a terrible chin.

Comment

Ali wouldn't have lost to Frazier if he hadn't been banned for 3 1/2 years. They probably would have fought in 68-69, and Ali would have still had the same speed and stamina he did in his prime.

On Facing Ali, Chuvalo himself said Ali wasn't the same after his 3 1/2 year layoff. He said Ali didn't have the same speed in his legs, the same stamina, couldn't throw as lengthy of combinations, and had to lay on the ropes a lot more.

That's why I laugh when people say Joe and Ken beat a prime Ali. Ali never lost in his prime. Had Ali not been forced to take a 3 1/2 year layoff, his prime could have possibly extended into 71-72. And how he looked in 71', he may not have hit that stage until 73-74. There's no telling when he would have lost.

Frazier still gets his due for beating a past prime-still good Ali though, and rightfully so.
                  for sho agreed

Comment

He did have wins over Tommy Jackson (#1 ranked HW), Archie Moore (#2 ranked HW), Roy Harris (Top 10 HW), Brian London (Top 10 HW), Ingemar Johansson (WORLD/RING HW champ), Eddie Machen (Top 10 HW), George Chuvalo (Top 10 HW), Henry Cooper, and Oscar Bonavena (Top 10 HW).

Wins over 2 HOF fighters in Moore and Johansson, he just had a terrible chin.
                    Is that an ATG resume?

How many ATG HW's are there? 20?

Patteron's a HOF HW and a very good fighter but he's no ATG HW.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Is that an ATG resume?

How many ATG HW's are there? 20?

Patteron's a HOF HW and a very good fighter but he's no ATG HW.
                      I suppose to should have worded it differently. I didn't really mean ATG like Top 100 All-Time (possibly more now days), but like one of the great HW's. I should have put HOF HW's, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X