No announcement yet.

Biggest robberies in boxing..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
    I don't think Hopkins-Pascal was a robbery by any stretch. I had Hop by a point or two but it was scored a draw, so nobody won and nobody lost, hence nobody got robbed. And Hopkins was knocked down TWICE in the fight. Now I know the knockdowns were not exactly devastating to Hopkins (and the first one was dubious at best) but he did go down, and when the guy who put you on the canvas twice is the defending champion, you cannot possibly expect to win a super close fight like that, and it's most certainly not a robbery when it happens like it did. In the rematch, all BHop has to do is BE BHop and not get knocked down. Do that and he wins.
    You are right and that's because most of the fans here think that if the fighter they wanted to win didn't win, it was a robbery.

Some of these choices are laughable.

DLH vs Mosley II for example wasn't a robbery, it was a close fight and I also had DLH winning it but it was far from a robbery.

Same with Pascal vs Hopkins, close fight, could have gone either way, not a robbery.

People don't understand the difference between robbery and close decision. Just like a fighter can be competitive in a fight for the full 12 rounds and still be shut out. Rounds can be close but he can still lose all 12 rounds.

People are real ignorant around here.

Comment

DLH-Sturm was BLATANT..UNREAL...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        You are right and that's because most of the fans here think that if the fighter they wanted to win didn't win, it was a robbery.

DLH vs Mosley II for example wasn't a robbery, it was a close fight and I also had DLH winning it but it was far from a robbery.

Same with Pascal vs Hopkins, close fight, could have gone either way, not a robbery.

People don't understand the difference between robbery and close decision. Just like a fighter can be competitive in a fight for the full 12 rounds and still be shut out. Rounds can be close but he can still lose all 12 rounds.

I didn't think Mosley-DLH II was close, one time I watched it, scored it and my scorecard was so one-sided in favor of Oscar that I worried, seriously man lol

Mainly because I've seen a few respectable posters have it for Mosley, don't see it though.

Comment

sturm-dela was an outright robbery.

so was martinez- cintron.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post

What do you think about collazo vs berto? Close decision or robbery?

Comment

Working...
            X