No announcement yet.

Poll: Who will Canelo fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Who will Canelo fight next?

The common consensus is Trout is the most deserving to fight Canelo should Mayweather fight Guerrero, but few believe he'll actually be man enough to ask DLH + Schaefer to make that fight happen. Who do you think it will be?

It could be Trout, but Schaefer hinted the Canelo-Cotto fight is more likely even after Cotto lost 8 or 9 rounds. Still Cotto doesn't seem like he really wants to fight for a while, saying he's taking a couple months off.

Lara + Martirosyan are the #1 and 2 ranked by the WBC, but Martirosyan is promoted by Top Rank so chances are lightning won't strike twice with getting him a fight with a Golden boy fighter.
    Kirkland and Molina are also possibilities but Kirkland has knockout power and Molina has a tough style to contend with.
    I think it's a safe bet GBP doesn't put Thurman in there with Canelo just yet, they'll probably want that fight to marinate a little.
    Other picks could be fighters coming off a recent loss like Alfredo Angulo or Delvin Rodriguez, but like Kirkland, Angulo has bad intentions and like Molina, Rodriguez is quite difficult and capable of making it ugly in there.

Unless it's a pick out of left-field like Cornelius Bundrage or Andre Berto, I think the most likely choice is Erislandy Lara. That might be wishful thinking on my part because i honestly wouldn't mind seeing Lara get a shot, but it makes sense considering there aren't a lot of softball options in such a stacked division. The next most likely option I think is Angulo. Sad, but most likely true.
    Austin Trout
    15.79%
    Miguel Cotto
    36.84%
    Erislandy Lara
    0.00%
    Vanes Martirosyan
    0.00%
    Carlos Molina
    0.00%
    James Kirkland
    5.26%
    Alfredo Angulo
    15.79%
    Keith Thurman
    0.00%
    Delvin Rodriguez
    5.26%
    someone coming up in weight
    21.05%
    Last edited by teddycanyon; 12-24-2012, 11:55 PM.

Angulo is the most beatable, so I think his management will push him into that fight.

Comment

El Perro of course.

If Cotto ops out.

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X