AWard considered moving to lightheavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWard considered moving to lightheavyweight

Before Dawson called him out.CHeck out these quotes:

"Ward considered a move to light heavyweight before Dawson called his name after the Hopkins fight in April."

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...ute-fight-more

"People ask me on the street or on Twitter when I'm coming back," Ward said. "Well, I'm coming. I want Bute but I'm ready for any big fight at 168 or 175 pounds."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...och/index.html

But yet Ward refused to meet Dawson at at-least a catchweight which would have made the fight fair.On top of that he avoided Anthony Dirrel,a fighter who is very dangerous and would`nt have been made to order for Ward.Kessler,Abraham,weight drained Dawson and Froch was all made to order for Ward.There`s no doubt in my mind that Ward is gonna be the next big Cherry picker and weight drainer.

I hope none of the Mods are Ward worshipers cause i want to read people`s opinions.

Sorry for the wrong spelling of the title,is there any way i could edit it?

Comment

Dawson sold himself short by mentioning negotiation terms that he would concede to on national tv, an outlet where others can really hold what someone said to their mouth.

If you look at the more savvy boxers, they're not so quickfire when talking about contract terms. This way they can change it as they see fit while taking minimal **** for it

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post

"Ward considered a move to light heavyweight before Dawson called his name after the Hopkins fight in April."

"People ask me on the street or on Twitter when I'm coming back," Ward said. "Well, I'm coming. I want Bute but I'm ready for any big fight at 168 or 175 pounds."

But yet Ward refused to meet Dawson at at-least a catchweight which would have made the fight fair.On top of that he avoided Anthony Dirrel,a fighter who is very dangerous and would`nt have been made to order for Ward.Kessler,Abraham,weight drained Dawson and Froch was all made to order for Ward.There`s no doubt in my mind that Ward is gonna be the next big Cherry picker and weight drainer.

I hope none of the Mods are Ward worshipers cause i want to read people`s opinions.
        Ward had just finished the Super Six, and you expected him to come back 3-4 months later to fight a mandatory? lol. He decided to not play by WBC's rules, so they stripped him, fair game. Plus, Dirrell got injured in May, so it is what it is. Both Andre/Anthony got work to do before they're in position to deserve a fight with Ward.

Dawson took the risk, didn't pay off, simple as that. If Ward has success @175, I can see him fighting Dawson again.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Dawson sold himself short by mentioning negotiation terms that he would concede to on national tv, an outlet where others can really hold what someone said to their mouth.

If you look at the more savvy boxers, they're not so quickfire when talking about contract terms. This way they can change it as they see fit while taking minimal **** for it
          Exactly, Dawson did it to himself. This is how ALL negotiations work. If you are looking to buy a car or home and the salesman man mentions a price that is perfect for you, would you be the dumba$$ that insists on paying more than what was offered? No only a idiot would. Ward and his team did what anyone would have done.

Comment

yep. well, at least he's still ring champion so if ward moves up and is looking to get that ring belt, he'll have to fight him again.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Ward had just finished the Super Six, and you expected him to come back 3-4 months later to fight a mandatory? lol. He decided to not play by WBC's rules, so they stripped him, fair game. Plus, Dirrell got injured in May, so it is what it is. Both Andre/Anthony got work to do before they're in position to deserve a fight with Ward.

Dawson took the risk, didn't pay off, simple as that. If Ward has success @175, I can see him fighting Dawson again.

The WBC did not strip Ward cause Anthony Dirrel got injured.Ward excuse for not fighting Anthony Dirrel was that the networks would not be interested which is a pretty lame excuse considering he fought fighters like Allan Green and Bika and numerous fighters who were nobodies and they all were televised.Even if Anthony Dirrel did`nt get injured Ward still would have not fought him.

Comment

Ward still accepted it,Now he has a bull**** win.

Comment

But yet Ward refused to meet Dawson at at-least a catchweight which would have made the fight fair.
                  Dawson said on TV that he could make 168 no problem THEN during the negotiations he changed his tune. That's a cheap move. Ward simply took Dawson up on his original offer. Plus I wouldn't have liked to see Ward win the light heavyweight title at a catch-weight.

On top of that he avoided Anthony Dirrel,a fighter who is very dangerous and would`nt have been made to order for Ward.Kessler,Abraham,weight drained Dawson and Froch was all made to order for Ward.
                  He didn't avoid Dirrell, the WBC stripped him because they said he was injured and would be out for a while (despite Ward telling them his hand would be healed quickly). Then when Dirrell got into that bike accident and broke his legs, the WBC let Ward keep the title. Do your homework.

Comment

Quote by LIGHT_SPEED:

Dawson said on TV that he could make 168 no problem THEN during the negotiations he changed his tune. That's a cheap move. Ward simply took Dawson up on his original offer. Plus I wouldn't have liked to see Ward win the light heavyweight title at a catch-weight.

Reply:
                    No,on TV Dawson gave Ward 3 offers,he said we could meet at a catchweight,or we could meet at 175 or i could come down to 168.In negotiations Dawson first offered a 170 catchweight and Ward turned it down and said 168 and Dawson took it.

Quote LIGHT_SPEED:

He didn't avoid Dirrell, the WBC stripped him because they said he was injured and would be out for a while (despite Ward telling them his hand would be healed quickly). Then when Dirrell got into that bike accident and broke his legs, the WBC let Ward keep the title. Do your homework.

Reply:
                    I did my homework,your the one that didn`t do his homework.Ward said he don`t have alot of interest in fighting Anthony Dirrel cause he don`t think the Networks would be interested which is bull**** cause Ward fought a bunch of unknown fighters and they all was televised.

Here`s the link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...och/index.html

Comment

Working...
                    X