Jared Lee Loughner was an athiest who hated religion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never understood why its wrong to execute the "insane"

They still committed he crime
    Last edited by Russian Crushin; 01-14-2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

Cause you're thinking logically not morally

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
        Cause you're thinking logically not morally
        I dont care, he still did it.

And your still prosecuting him and putting him away for the crime but execution is off limit

Comment

Well, he was mentally cognizant enough to aim and shoot 6 people dead and injure many others within a few seconds.

Even though he definitely is somewhat disturbed, he has sufficient mental capability to be well aware of what he was doing.

This guy deserves the death penalty for sure.

Comment

Timothy McVay was religious......................

Comment

Exactly. You go to prison for two reasons, right? Rehabilitation and punishment. Much more difficult (even impossible in some cases) to rehabilitate an insane person. And what is the point of punishing someone for the rest of their life?

Comment

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
                Well, he was mentally cognizant enough to aim and shoot 6 people dead and injure many others within a few seconds.

Even though he definitely is somewhat disturbed, he has sufficient mental capability to be well aware of what he was doing.

This guy deserves the death penalty for sure.
                Yes

He planned and executed the killings.

Its just in our current society, you are just labeled mentally insane because we dont think a sane person would have done something like this

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  Exactly. You go to prison for two reasons, right? Rehabilitation and punishment. Much more difficult (even impossible in some cases) to rehabilitate an insane person. And what is the point of punishing someone for the rest of their life?
                  To play the devils advocate; if there are other insane people planning to go on killing sprees, you would think they would rather be put out of their misery than to stay locked up for the rest of their life suffering and going more mad than they already are. Death by execution is the easy way out to someone who is insane

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    If you're so insane that you cant be held responsible for something like this, what chance is there that you will be rehabilitated to ever function in society again

Get rid of the ****ers i say

Comment

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
                      Jared Lee Loughner definitely should receive the death penalty.

He murdered an 8 year old child.

What is the point of keeping him in a mental hospital for the next 25 years? That way there would be no justice for the families of the victims. There would be a high cost to the taxpayers - having someone in a maximum security institution for the criminally insane for that long is very costly.
                      I don't think he had his faculties though. He's clearly deranged. I think he was gonna shoot at anyone he could point at.

Killing him won't bring anyone back.

Comment

Working...
                      X