No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder on Klitschko Camp, Jennings Fight, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder on Klitschko Camp, Jennings Fight, More

Heavyweight contender Deontay Wilder (25-0, 25KOs) is looking to raise the stakes in 2013. The boxer is going to return on December 15th against a yet to be finalized opponent at the Los Angeles Sports Center in California. Wilder's handlers have been taking his career slow. Although Wilder captured an Olympic bronze medal in 2008, his amateur experience was very minimal.

[Click Here To Read More]

jennings vs wlder would be a good fght but jennings has a win ver former WBO champion liakhovich & that 84" each at 6'2 is quite an advantage vs any heavyweight.

Comment

Ideally this would be a fight where down the road they're both champion and still undefeated. I don't even know what it would be like to see two undefeated American HWs going at it over a title. Something I'd really like to see someday.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
        Ideally this would be a fight where down the road they're both champion and still undefeated. I don't even know what it would be like to see two undefeated American HWs going at it over a title. Something I'd really like to see someday.
        well that's never going to happen

Comment

Looking forward to when Wilder steps it up, regardless after his next fight, he still will be 26-0 (26 KO).

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
            Looking forward to when Wilder steps it up, regardless after his next fight, he still will be 26-0 (26 KO).
            That is one of the most worthless records I've ever seen.

If he'd fought better competition he could be like 12-0(7 kos) and I'd be a hell of a lot more impressed.

He's barely fought anyone I'd even call a boxer

Comment

Earl, you need to stop being overly critical of Wilder. Yeah, he's fought god awful opposition but he's (hopefully) past that stage in his career and he's the Champ's number 1 sparring partner. Wladimir Klitschko is arguably the best hw to reign in the last decade and sparring with him is gonna give an up-and-coming fighter invaluable experience and a huge boost in confidence. So I give Deontay huge props for that.

However, the jury's still out on this guy - we haven't seen him fight anyone of note, much less a credible and dangerous opponent. So we don't know if he'll pass the test or not.

Comment

why can't you guys let this guy be built up the right way he's coming along just right the same way the heavies did back in the day.

Comment

Article reads Wilder has had 35 amateur fights, including his pro career he has a total of 60 combined fights.

Young guy is still finding his way and no doubt has been spoon fed bums but he is getting the Chavez Jnr treatment right now.

Comment

Sparing with Klit will be good for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X