No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Nervous, Doesn't Like Cotto-Trout Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Nervous, Doesn't Like Cotto-Trout Bout

With a potential super-fight at stake for 2013, Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya admits he is nervous about Miguel Cotto's upcoming challenge of WBA "regular" junior middleweight champion Austin Trout.

De La Hoya is already mulling a mouth-watering clash between Cotto and WBC champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez for next year's Cinco De Mayo weekend. A loss by Cotto would split those plans in two. Trout, even with a victory over Cotto, would not generate close to the same amount of money as a match between Cotto and Canelo. For that reason, De La Hoya doesn't like the danger involved with Cotto taking on a hungry, undefeated champion. [Click Here To Read More]

I feel you Oscar, I mean God forbid your paper champ fight any legit young opponents. You know, the young guys that are in his divisioin just waiting for their shot, guess they'll just have to stick to eliminators huh

Comment

De La Hoya Nervous, Doesn't Like Men's Underwear

Comment

Yea, I might put some money on Trout. I feel Cotto is gonna get hit with the Canelo curse...

Comment

Well hire the same judges that gave you a gift decision over Felix Sturm with the Hopkins fight already signed.

Comment

"The fact that Austin Trout is young, is hungry, is determined. He feels it's his time. He's going up against a legend in the making"

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              I feel you Oscar, I mean God forbid your paper champ fight any legit young opponents. You know, the young guys that are in his divisioin just waiting for their shot, guess they'll just have to stick to eliminators huh

Perhaps there lies the possibility that Cotto annihilates Trout in an impressive fashion and Oscar gets especially more nervous which causes him to then opts to match his cash cow against those contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                I think he's genuinely nervous, as he doesn't want to lose a possible Cotto-Canelo fight down the line which would be HUGE.

Comment

This fight isn't on PPV Oscar so please....

Comment

It'll be fine Oscar. Don't worry.

Comment

Working...
                    X