Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa the first to stand up to Arum, right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    De La Hoya? Mayweather? Cotto? And those guys actually did it the right way by using lawyers and in the court rooms. Gamboa might look "cool" by the actions he's doing lately standing up to Arum and Top Rank but he's foolish if he thinks they're just going to sit back and take him making a fool out of them. I believe he's still under contract with him for a while, big mistake on his part.
    This Arum will do everything to ruin him

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      Ruin? If I'm not mistaken, DLH, Floyd, and now Cotto got the biggest pay days ever after leaving Top Rank. Arum is a snake who rips his fighters off, Pacquiao is living proof!
      arum is a snake but he did a lot for those guys career, especially cotto. the matchmaking and reinventing cotto after the pac loss was fantastic by top rank. he got cotto a title shot immediately after being knocked out in new York, had a successful ppv against mayorga and of course Margarito as well.

the thing with these three guys is they got so big they don't need arum anymore and can make more money. Gamboa isn't in the same boat yet and maybe never will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        At least he still has his dignity right

He cant fight or make money but good ole dignity will get him by
        Dignity is more important. It doesn't matter if you don't have any food on your table. Fights are not important to fans.

These are the kinds of fans we have nowadays. Nuthuggers.

So damn clear that Gamboa fvked up and they still blame everyone but the pu&&y.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
          This Arum will do everything to ruin him
          If Gamboa really wants to leave he'll most likely pay his way out and sign with Oscar or Floyd. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Arum somehow intimidated Gamboa and forced him to stay like he did with Donaire.

Comment

no he isn't
            and he didn't let Arum make him a huge star first as others did
            build yourself up with a good promoter, then leave
            Gamboa is fucking up right now

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              arum is a snake but he did a lot for those guys career, especially cotto. the matchmaking and reinventing cotto after the pac loss was fantastic by top rank. he got cotto a title shot immediately after being knocked out in new York, had a successful ppv against mayorga and of course Margarito as well.

the thing with these three guys is they got so big they don't need arum anymore and can make more money. Gamboa isn't in the same boat yet and maybe never will be.
              I agree with the bold, it's not as easy as just saying "Arum is screwing me over, **** him I'm done with Top Rank". I'm sure Oscar, Cotto, and Floyd had teams of lawyers and people looking into their contracts and having to put up their own money to get out, it's not as simple as it looks and things can get very messy. A good example is Donaire who was walking around as pretty much a Golden Boy fighter, but he didn't realize how long Arum's leash is and is now back in the Top Rank stable.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                I agree with the bold, it's not as easy as just saying "Arum is screwing me over, **** him I'm done with Top Rank". I'm sure Oscar, Cotto, and Floyd had teams of lawyers and people looking into their contracts and having to put up their own money to get out, it's not as simple as it looks and things can get very messy. A good example is Donaire who was walking around as pretty much a Golden Boy fighter, but he didn't realize how long Arum's leash is and is now back in the Top Rank stable.
                right, donaire and/or his manager/wife didn't realize he was still under contract.

A contract is a contract and unless there is some loophole, like Floyd being able to buy his out for less that a million (which I'm sure arum learned from since then) you're pretty much stuck until it expires.

Gamboa had a worse situation because he has two promoters. Personally I think the bigger problem might be with Ahmet Öner than with Top Rank. I'm sure he's fighting thinking "WTF am I paying Öner for when Top Rank is basically doing all the work?" I kinda have a feeling if he can get rid of Öner somehow Gamboa would be fine and happy fighting under top rank. Cuz as of now he has two promoters taking a % of his money, not to mention his manager, his trainer and whoever else he might be paying.

Comment

what u mean "stand up to him?" what stanbding up is there to even do ? are u saying bob arum is c orrupt.. really the same guy who made pacquiao millions of dollar?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    no he isn't
                    and he didn't let Arum make him a huge star first as others did
                    build yourself up with a good promoter, then leave
                    Gamboa is fucking up right now
                    ////thread

Comment

Gamboa is a fool and being played like on.

Comment

Working...
                      X