Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dmitry Pirog vs. Danny Jacobs: thoughts and predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    Is Pirog the next European fighter that the Europeans are overrating because he beat a few Euro bums? Jacobs puts this kid to sleep.
    Typical American dumbass.

Comment

Aftr watcing the fight again I can honestly say Danny did much better than I previously thought. He definitely had his faults, plus he seemed a bit cnfused but he arguably won 3 of the first 4 rounds. Pirog was just very seasoned and crafty. He comes forward but gives angles and has otherworldly upper body movement. I would like to see these two go at it again after Danny gets more seasoning. Say in 2 years.

Comment

just saw the fight now

those scorecards were a disgrace lucky it wasn't needed

well done to the russian the head movement and footwork through out the fight was amazing

Comment

Originally posted by minasyan View Post
          just saw the fight now

those scorecards were a disgrace lucky it wasn't needed

well done to the russian the head movement and footwork through out the fight was amazing
          The corrupt judges were gonna try to rob Pirog.

Pirog was winning 39-36 on my scorecard before the knockout. He should've been credited with a knockdown in round 2.

R1 - Pirog 10-9
          R2 - Pirog 10-8
          R3 - Jacobs 10-9
          R4 - Pirog 10-9
          R5 - Pirog wins by spectacular KO

Last edited by Steelhammer2011; 08-03-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2010 View Post
            The corrupt judges were gonna try to rob Pirog.

Pirog was winning 39-36 on my scorecard before the knockout. He should've been credited with a knockdown in round 2.

R1 - Pirog 10-9
            R2 - Pirog 10-8
            R3 - Jacobs 10-9
            R4 - Pirog 10-9
            R5 - Pirog wins by spectacular KO

I like Pirog as much as anyone but your scorecard is ridiculous. It wasn't scored a KD so therefore it's not. You don't give it a 10-8 with no KD. Apart from round 2, it is very easy to see Jacobs getting the other rounds on activity and volume alone. He landed some good punches in each round and quite a few more, but they weren't as good.

If you had scored this fight, it would have been worse than the judges you are saying were trying to rob Pirog. I'll bet even Pirog knew he had lost most of those rounds because it was part of his game plan. Pressure him early, pick it up in the middle rounds and go for it late.

Hey guys, check out Silencers post. He had it down. Good stuff mate. Although he got it in before Jacobs' right but you were right on the money.

Comment

Ummmm, is it too late to change my vote?

Comment

Working...
              X