No announcement yet.

Where does Tapia rate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Tapia rate?

Johnny Mi Vida Loca Tapia the recently deceased Albuquerque fighter was one of my personal favs, a real colourful if troubled fighter. I wondered where u guys rank him in the all time Super Flyweight & Bantamweight rankings?

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Johnny Mi Vida Loca Tapia the recently deceased Albuquerque fighter was one of my personal favs, a real colourful if troubled fighter. I wondered where u guys rank him in the all time Super Flyweight & Bantamweight rankings?
    Och Aye Surgeon,

Good question. At Bantie I'd say he's not top ten. There have been many, many great champions stretching back to the 19th Century &, while he would have given them all a great tussle, his body of work doesn't match up.

But at SuperFly he has to be top ten, possible top five. Number one has to be my man Khaosai Galaxy. I loved getting updates & seeing highlights of him back in the day. Great fighter.

Apart from him, Tapia & Danny Romero I have to admit I don't know a whole lot. Katsuya Onizuka looks decent but Johnnys work is better.

I remember the name Jiro Watanabe from when I was a kid & his record at SF is probably as good as, if not better than, Tapia's.

Sung-Kil Moon was a name back then too.

And finally the tragic Robert Quiroga who was a decent over achiever who was murdered over such a silly ****ing incident it aint worth talking about.

Comment

I agree about Tapia being high ranked at super flyweight. To me these are his glory days, even though he had a good run at bantamweight.

Comment

Working...
      X