No announcement yet.

I'm fat, help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm fat, help!

So after being overweight for my entire 30 years of life I have decided to do something about, but I'm not sure what the best route is for healthy and maintained weight loss. Right now I'm close to a fattest Ricky Hatton.

1 - I have joined a gym. I'm a student so I can go quite a lot but I'm not sure what I should be doing, and for how long I should be doing it. If I want to lose weight should it just be Cardio ? Or should I still do some weights work while avoiding bulking? And what is a decent amount of time to be spending in the gym each time?

2 - Food. I'm pretty sure I have almost no metabolism. I can eat breakfast and not feel hungry until late at night. I am planning on cutting out all meat and obviously fatty stuff, mainly just relying on vegetables, fish and pulses. Is there some food / eating patterns I should follow?

I guess I should stop alcohol as much as possible, and when I do drink stick to spirits with sugar free mixers.

Is there a reasonable amount I should aim to lose on a weekly basis?

Thanks for any help people have time for.

Alot of these threads lately! I dont blame you though, search is f-upd,

Anyhoe, do alot of runing! You could be lifting wait if u wanna make it beach 2013, or if you just want to get slim!

Boxing is one hell of à workout! But dont go all in at the beginning, start slow and don't give up when you're stuck! Make a schedule and follow it,

Eat alot of fish, steaks, healthy food,
    I'f your not sure what to eat, go to a restaurant and look at a classy chick to see what she order'd make sure she's happy otherwise you will get some chocolate! That ain't healthy!

Wake n bake!

Comment

have some water in the morning, first thing.

switch to green tea or other herbals rather than caffeinated drinks.

try to do your cardio in the morning - start off doing long brisk walks. then, after some time you can start jogging/walking. eventually you will be jogging.

a sure fire way to lose weight though: start paying attention to serving sizes and calories. cut 250 calories per day for a month (basically the equivalent to a can and a half of coca cola) and exercise and you should start to see pounds drop almost immediately.

less calories and cardio is what i believe you need to start off with. it's a journey, not a race. remember that and good luck.

Comment

the benefits of green tea cannot be over sold. it is fabulous stuff for weight loss and system cleansing.

Comment

by the way, i work with people who struggle with their weight so if you've got questions that you don't feel comfortable posting on the forum just send me a private message.

Comment

Was Fat, but no more

Tim,
            This sounds a whole like like my own story. I have lost 55 lbs and have taken up kick boxing as a result. There are a couple of things you need to do.
            1. Get hold of your diet.
            2. Get moving
            3. Keep moving

The first is the hardest and the most important. The first thing I would do is get a food journal and start writing down everything you put in you mouth and find out how screwed up you really are. That is not meant to be offensive it just turns out that most people don't realize how many calories they consume. I hear that a lot. I don't eat much. But chances are you are eating way more than you need and worse they are probably empty calories. You need to get use to eating 6 times a day, or every three hours. These meals should be smaller than the ones you are use to now. This is key to getting your metabolism moving in the right direction. Next, you need to eat with a purpose. Don't just eat because you are hungry; give your body the fuel it needs to make the improvements you desire. What this equates to is eating proteins, complex carbs, and good fats. Proteins should come from Chicken, Fish, Turkey, and lean beef. Complex carbs are those such as sweet potatoes, whole wheat, oat meal, etc. Cut the simple carbs out in the beginning, they have a purpose but they should not be part of your diet for now. Simple carbs are the body's preferred fuel for athletic exercises. But if you eat them your body will not use its store of fats. I would highly recommend you consider a diet that is 60 % protein, 20% complex carbs, and 20 % fat. When I talk about fat, I am talking about stuff high in Omega 3, almonds, avocado, etc.

The next question and this is a good one, how many calories should you eat. Well for that you will need to know at a minimum what your Basic Metabolic Rate (BMR) is. That is the number of calories you body needs to live (grow hair, breath, etc). Then you need to figure out how many calories you will burn through exercise or physical activity. Add 10% of your BMR to your BMR then add 20% of your expected expenditures from exercise. That will give you a good number to start with. The key thing to remember is the BMR is only a educated scientific guess and you may have to adjust your numbers.

Now where to start with exercise. Like some of the other posters I do recommend jogging, but I would not spend lots of time doing it. If you condition is as you explained you really need to work on building a base. So I would start with some mixture of aerobic exercise and weight training. I would even be so bold as to recommend a burst stryle training like Athleanx or Insanity. These are excellent training programs and really push towards getting you into great shape. Again, most exercise will get you in shape but to get where you want to go the diet is the key.

If you are really pressed for time I really do recommend Athleanx. It is based on 20 minute high intensity burst training. I do run, and I can tell you I have taken 4 minutes off of my 5K time in one month only doing burst training.

If you have any questions you can contact me. Good luck.

Comment

Eat an apple or two and some chicken for breakfast.

Eat only one other meal later that day made up of only meat/fish and vegetables.

Drink only water.

You will lose weight (and that's without training).
              Last edited by Weebler I; 09-24-2012, 03:54 AM.

Comment

For the start, 3-6 months, just have fun in the gym, do not stress yourself too much with the weight loss, or you will simply quit

Comment

I cant stress this enough, drink lots of water and cut the soda/sweets.

Fruits, chicken, fish, turkey, greens in general. eat 5 times a day but in small meals stay inside 2200 calories depending on your own specs of course.

Comment

u must have a trainer who knows about training and diet for boxers to control your situation/andrefabre@hotmail.com//for the love of boxing!

Comment

Working...
                    X