Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Hits Back at Critics Who Call Him Arrogant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I've posted before, Khan spars Pac regularly. Being a top fighter in his own right, let alone already a star and having hosted his own PPVs, he's far from arrogant to agree to that. Those actions spell humbleness, humility, and a hunger/drive to improve.

If he was arrogant he wouldn't have agreed to give up some of his purse to Bradley and half of the UK PPV, where no-one even knows who that big headed freak Bradley is. He also went ahead with the McCloskey fight, even though McCloskey got paid more than him and he lost a million dollars when Sky pulled out.

Now, we saw what an arrogant fighter would do in that situation when Haye pulled out against Wlad in 2009 when Setanta went bust. Khan showed what a class act he was going ahead with the fight for his fans. He didn't earn much, probably only 100k for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by theinfamous View Post
      Well, he is. The kid's not very humble. I mean he said, "I feel like I was not even in a fight". He speaks sometime so freely that he doesn't realize how he sounds. Favorite subject? Himself.

It's unfortunate b/c I know he's really offended and hurt by it. He LOVES twitter. I really supported him and was skeptical about him b4 the Malignaggi fight and was (still am) very impressed afterward...Then he opens his mouth. He'd get more fans if he just toned it down a bit.

Freddie lost a fan for the same reason. If Pacman hangs with that bunch, he's prob a closet narcissist too. Ariza sure is. Most, outspoken, conditioning coach, ever.

I agree... This sums up everything I think about Amir. He can be the next superstar with wide followings if he just learn how to tone down a bit.

Comment

Khan's usual problems in fight's is his footwork but against judah every step was pitch perfect ariza's doing a great job .

Comment

Originally posted by 1prodz View Post
          The 140 pound division is a joke if he fought Bradley and beat him big deal!!! he beat judah and maidana big fuc**** deal khan needs to move up asap or fight killers like Kendall Holt,Robert Guerrero, Antonio Margarito or perro angulo all these guys are essentially the same size 5'8-5'10 . Boxing is to consumed with hype and a million and one weight divisions if khan fights and beat 36 yr.old Morales big f****** deal. And how could you say that Martinez wants to fight guys that are thirty pounds lighter Martinez is a lifelong Jr.middle and wanted to fight the two biggest names in the sport PAC-and may but they both dodged him and both fraud and PAC fought at 54 so what's the big deal. I'm a PAC fan but it's obvious arum was scared to match PAC against Martinez because of the four inch height advantage and speed and size of Martinez. But fraud just ducks anybody that seems to have a real chance to beat him, fraud is the biggest b**** that Ive ever seen enter a boxing ring.
          Buddy, you're more arrogant than Haye and Floyd put together. Who the **** are you to say the entire 140 division is a joke? What have you accomplished to talk smack about Khan, Bradley, Maidana, Judah, Floyd and Pac? So now he has to skip welter and fight Margarito at 154 to prove himself to you? Everything to you is "big deal" like that's some kind of argument. You say Khan isn't important and no one cares about him then why the hell are you reading and commenting on this article you stupid pr*ck. Go play in traffic you ****ing jack*ss.
          Last edited by chaos; 07-26-2011, 08:10 AM.

Comment

to be honest, i think people feel he's arrogant and full of himself because he's been chin checked early on in his career, isn't "tough looking", has a boyish/juvenile demeanor to his looks, wanted to fight morales, looks wet behind the ears in the ring, super cautious/guarded and anxious, and everyone feels like if he gets caught with one good clean shot on the chin he's going down. because if you think about it, his confidence is just as normal as it comes in boxing. if you took his words and put them in someone elses mouth they wouldn't be that different than what others usually say all the time. he's the guy everyone wants to see get knocked out again. people wish that on floyd too, but know that's very unlikely to happen so they just hate him. with khan, people are like, "i can't wait to see him get knocked the **** out again and embarrassed hahaha!".

Comment

If he was just totally honest he wouldn't come across as arragont. It's just the fact that he says stuff like all his opponents have big power, but he took their shots and KO'd them(he just says it because of what happened with Prescott). I mean Judah had no power and he didn't catch you with any shots so why say it. Just be honest and say.. I dominated a very good fighter and I'm looking foward to who's next.. Be honest mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
                As I've posted before, Khan spars Pac regularly. Being a top fighter in his own right, let alone already a star and having hosted his own PPVs, he's far from arrogant to agree to that. Those actions spell humbleness, humility, and a hunger/drive to improve.

If he was arrogant he wouldn't have agreed to give up some of his purse to Bradley and half of the UK PPV, where no-one even knows who that big headed freak Bradley is. He also went ahead with the McCloskey fight, even though McCloskey got paid more than him and he lost a million dollars when Sky pulled out.

Now, we saw what an arrogant fighter would do in that situation when Haye pulled out against Wlad in 2009 when Setanta went bust. Khan showed what a class act he was going ahead with the fight for his fans. He didn't earn much, probably only 100k for that fight.
                This is the most foolish comment I've seen on this thread so far.Do you think it is "humble" for one top fighter to spar against another??? This is STUPID in Capitals. FIRSTLY, he is under the tutelage of Freddie Roach, and he spars with Manny P. when Freddie tells him. Secondly Freddie has a reason for telling him.

In the gym the trainer is BOSS, and it is Freddie's training which has made him the beginning.....I said the BEGINNING of a star. . The star is Manny P. but they are not working in the gym on the "star" system". they are there for the purpose of learning their craft, and improving their weaknesses and practicing special moves needed for certain opponents. Not to mention general movement.

I trained in a gym for years, and yes, I was the star, but not as soon nor as big as I thought I was. And when I sparred with anyone, it was when the trainer told me only. And I was not so much a star that I was too haughty to throw a certain punch or make a certain move, over and over so that the other guy, the "also-ran" could not practice the move the trainer was trying to teach him.

If you happen to be a boxer, (and about 80% of the guys are not) when and with whom do YOU spar. When and with whom the trainer tells you to of course......................

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post
                  Buddy, you're more arrogant than Haye and Floyd put together. Who the **** are you to say the entire 140 division is a joke? What have you accomplished to talk smack about Khan, Bradley, Maidana, Judah, Floyd and Pac? So now he has to skip welter and fight Margarito at 154 to prove himself to you? Everything to you is "big deal" like that's some kind of argument. You say Khan isn't important and no one cares about him then why the hell are you reading and commenting on this article you stupid pr*ck. Go play in traffic you ****ing jack*ss.
                  First off I’m not a boxer so I have not accomplished **** in boxing. Second I think khan is a bit of a hype job that has great money making ability to his promoter because it seems like he has the UK behind him, he won a silver medal and he’s young. It’s just sad that boxing is all politics and top rank vs. golden girl promotions for 1 promoter. Don’t get me wrong khan is a decent fighter with some speed and power but he is nothing special as roger mayweather describe him. Khan reminds me of an upright hahina he fights like an odd wild animal. Third in not dissing pacquiao at all he's one of my favorite fighters but it's so obvious that top rank is and was keeping Pac away from Martinez and you cannot see that you are stupid. As for fraud the duck he has Ortiz and khan on his hit list because there green they have big flags behind them and they provide fraud the duck the most amount of money from the least amount of risk. But the thing that fraud does not realize is he's 35 yrs old, I guarantee if the duck continues to fight 4 or 5 times in the next 2 years and be a real fighter someone is going to beat him weather it's Ortiz, khan, Saul Alvarez, Martinez or Pacman. And let’s get realistic Judah is a straight b class bum and got mop in every fight that really matter in his career, Bradley is a nobody and cannot even fill a 2500 auditorium and his biggest fights end because of his head, nobody wants to see that dude fight and Alexander has looked like **** in his last three fights so any argument to define them is invalid and a joke. Lastly say khan fights Morales next which would be a joke! Golden girl should really match him against the ghost vs. Maidana winner not an old wash up small Morales, but I guess golden promotions wants to play it safe until the Maynever fight materializes. Basically what I’m trying to say is how can anybody be impressed with khan if his last two opponents are a never-heard of and Judah the bum and then old Morales. All I’m asking for is real fights if khan really thinks he’s a killer fight killers like Guerrero, Kendall holt and fight guys at 150 pound catchweights like margarito and the dog Angulo not has been bums and never heard of’s. And you’re trying to tell me that a 5’9 khan cannot fight at 150 but a 5’6 pacquaio can, come on man boxing needs real fights not all these hypes up unifications of a million and 1 phony champions and hype jobs.

Comment

Working...
                  X