No announcement yet.

will cotto box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mangler View Post
    He'll try to. If he can stick wit it he'll win the fight, I just don't see that happenin. Tony's gonna force Cotto into a brawl, and that don't favor him.
    I agree I don't see Cotto boxing for 36 minutes. Maybe 2 minutes per round of boxing and he better be careful of the other minute. That is why he is a 2-1 favorite.

Comment

Easy question to answer... Cotto always box, it depends what the other fighter brings to the ring. The good thing about Cotto is that he knows when to box and when to brawl....

Comment

He will try to box, people are making Cotto out to be Pernell Whitiker because he outboxed Mosley a few rounds bcuz he got gassed imo, Mosley isnt 1/8th pressure fighter Tony is. People will be in for a rude awakening if they think Cotto will be able to take his time and pick his spots vs Marg like he did Mosley. There will be no time to think or rest. Marg will make it a fight, taking punishment to return the favor. Cotto at his best isnt the boxing Cotto, but the hunter destroyer Cotto is. Cotto has to pick his poison

1. Cotto boxes, which is what he does second best(which he is very decent at, but his offense and defense suffers when he does it) trying to box and fight off a relentless tony

2. Come forward which he does best but is clearly outgunned by the bigger stronger man

Marg 9th TKO

Comment

I think he will. But it depends on Margarito. If Marg starts off slow Cotto can clean up the early rounds. However, if Marg comes out pressuring like he has in his last couple of fights Cotto will have to fight to keep him off.

Comment

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
            I think he will. But it depends on Margarito. If Marg starts off slow Cotto can clean up the early rounds. However, if Marg comes out pressuring like he has in his last couple of fights Cotto will have to fight to keep him off.
            After the Paul Williams fight. Margarito promised that he'll never start slow. I belive him. Thats why he lost.

Comment

Look at the last couple of rounds versus Mosley. Cotto will move and pick his spots. It's not going to be as dominate as Floyd vs. Chico but look for this to be the blueprint. Cotto will have to do some major body-work throughout the fight. I see Cotto getting hit with a couple uppercuts along the way but still doing the most damage himself. I see Cotto winning a good fight, not great.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
                After the Paul Williams fight. Margarito promised that he'll never start slow. I belive him. Thats why he lost.
                And I promised to never bust a nut in my girls eye again. Now I never really planned on upholding that promise but if I did, sometimes circumstances force us to go against promises.

Comment

Working...
                X