No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gesta's Trainer Feel Mercito Can Battle His Way Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gesta's Trainer Feel Mercito Can Battle His Way Back

Lightweight Mercito “No Mercy” Gesta who disappointed his fans when the previously undefeated Filipino southpaw lost a lopsided unanimous decision to IBF champion Miguel Vazquez of Mexico at the MGM Grand Garden Arena last December 8 can make a comeback.

Gesta’s trainer and co-manager Vince Parra told the Manila Standard “He is a young man, very talented. It’s not going to be an easy road back. I feel disappointed. I told Mercito ‘you are going to have to work your way back’ but expressed confidence that the 25 year old “ is quite capable of doing that.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

That last performance was dismal. There was a clear blueprint set on how to beat him that i dont think he can overcome.
    Last edited by studentofthegam; 01-09-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

This is a minor setback. Mercito is very talented. He still has a bright future. He will learn from this and become better over time.

Comment

I was really surprised at his performance. I really thought he'd take the fight to Vazquez, but he was almost passive. Don't know if we'll ever see him be a top name is his division.

Comment

i wonder if he still wants to be the next manny pacquiao

Comment

Two days before the Vasquez fight, I went against Gesta who I had been touting for months. I was picking Gesta but started thinking about footwork and Gesta does not have good footwork and could not match Vasquez. So the fight itself did not surprise me. I picked Vasquez by decision (its on record, lol). Gesta needs to work on some things, a number of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Mac Stud View Post
              This is a minor setback. Mercito is very talented. He still has a bright future. He will learn from this and become better over time.
              naw it was major. He didn't even compete. Not by choice but by force.

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Two days before the Vasquez fight, I went against Gesta who I had been touting for months. I was picking Gesta but started thinking about footwork and Gesta does not have good footwork and could not match Vasquez. So the fight itself did not surprise me. I picked Vasquez by decision (its on record, lol). Gesta needs to work on some things, a number of things.
              I picked Gesta by Ko. Huge mistake. Gesta's footwork isn't bad. Its nonexistent. My advice is honestly to cherry pick until he's forced to take on any rangy moving boxers.

Comment

come back from what? he was never any good to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Mac Stud
                  Talented? No. Athletic, yes. Big difference.

I enjoy watching Gesta and I had hopes for him. But those hopes are no longer there. I used to think a change of trainer might help him but I'm not so sure of that anymore either. He had a fair shot at beating Vazquez if he cut the ring off but he couldn't even do that. A slower and less athletic Quintero was able to give Vazquez a much closer fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

He fought a guy above his league gesta is a c class fighter he was star struck in the Vasquez fight looking at himself in jumbo tron

Comment

Working...
                    X