• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Think This Is Good Fight For Gerry

Go Gerry By Sd

Comment

Originally posted by Epie2
      Gerry Peņalosa just won the World Boxing Foundation 115 crown. But he struggled to make the weight. He focuses his sight on IBF 118 champ Rafael Marquez. Marquez's aggressive style suites well with the accurate counter-punching Peņalosa. Take your pick.

If this is true . . . this is going to be a make or break for Gerry . . . he needs to pass through the "eye of a needle" . . . but if he makes it . . . instant stardom. . . but is Rafa willing to give him that chance?

Comment

Gerry penalosa will not beat Marquez. He is not strong or slick enough to evade Marquez for 12 rounds. Penalosa lost his chances when he got robbed by those running ass Asian fighters he fought a few years back.

Comment

I saw Gerry's last fight, he's too rusty in my opinion...
          He lost some of his speed, although he's very good defensively, but can he take a solid punch from Rafa?
          He wont last against Rafa...

Comment

Originally posted by the0source
            I saw Gerry's last fight, he's too rusty in my opinion...
            He lost some of his speed, although he's very good defensively, but can he take a solid punch from Rafa?
            He wont last against Rafa...

That's what's worrying me - Rafa's punching power. Gerry can counterpunch alright, but he'll have to eat some of Rafa's shots first before he can counter.

He'll have more chances against Martin Castillo and Kawashima @115...and the long-time WBC champ @118 Veeraphol or former TKo victim WBO champ Sor Vorapin.

Can someone convince him to stay away from Rafa Marquez? at least for the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by abdiel2k3
              nevr seen dis guy fight
              ill look for some of his fights
              and then lay down my verdict
              meeting is ajurned
              "smashes his gaval on his desk"

This is why people roll there eyes at the alot of the Pinoy fans.

Gery Penolosa held a belt for one year back in 97 and made 2 defenses. Has not done a single thing since losing it 7 years ago. He has had two fights on his comeback against a guy who was 0-0-0 and against a guy who was 3-0.

First of all what in the hell has he even done to deserve a title shot? Let alone against a p4p fighter like Rafeal Marquez.

The fact that people think he can even be competative speaks volumes about some of these guys.
              Last edited by Sir_Jose; 01-26-2005, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nadz_melch24
                I Agree, but im waiting for Rey Boom Boom Bautista to take that challenge,but he's only 18 yrs old too young to face Rafael Marquez
                You're right. Boom Boom is a great young talent with topnotch skills but he's gonna need more experience and exposure before he takes on a killer like Rafael Marquez.

Comment

This thread is funnier then Peter's challenge to Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by jose
                    This is why people roll there eyes at the alot of the Pinoy fans.

Gery Penolosa held a belt for one year back in 97 and made 2 defenses. Has not done a single thing since losing it 7 years ago. He has had two fights on his comeback against a guy who was 0-0-0 and against a guy who was 3-0.

First of all what in the hell has he even done to deserve a title shot? Let alone against a p4p fighter like Rafeal Marquez.

The fact that people think he can even be competative speaks volumes about some of these guys.
                    well i think he deserves it that is if marquez agrees to defend his title against him and marquez is thinking maybe it's time to do some light workout.

peņalosa is an ex-champ and like jose rizal was telling us here, his style could be perfect for marquez' style. he's 32 years old and is close to semi-retirement. but i think he should do one more tune-up fight. i saw him the last time he fought here and he's really lost some of his speed and he's a little rusty. he should do a lot of conditioning and training if he wants to beat marquez because he's in for a very tough fight.

Comment

Guys you must not like Penolosa too much, to want to see him get in the ring with Marquez. I know the money is good, but I rather see Marquez in the ring with a worthy opponent. If I wanted to watch Marquez beatup on an old man again, I'd watch Marquez/Johnson II.

Comment

Working...
                      X