No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Promotions Prepare To Enter The UK Market

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Promotions Prepare To Enter The UK Market

Golden Boy Promotions plans to apply for a licence to promote fights in Great Britain. The company, which promotes British star Amir Khan and worked in the past with David Haye and Ricky Hatton, intends to sign up some of the fighters who boxed for the host nation at the London Olympics. [Click Here To Read More]

This will be a huge boost to the sport over here. More promoters can only mean more competition and there is no promoter bigger than GBP. Apparently they've already got some signings lined up and I look forward to see how they do.

Comment

They should have canelo fight in ireland,Wonder what the irish would
      think of him

Comment

That cokehead oscar keeps grinding, dude is taking over boxing with every event. Ladies and Gentlemen we are looking at the new Bob Arum in the making.

Comment

I guess the crowd support at the Olympics piqued their interest.

Comment

This is big IMO. Schaefer's been talking positive things about the UK for a while, it's clear that he likes the market and that this isn't a flash in the pan. Would be a huge coup if they managed to sign the Olympic medal-winners, although Luke Campbell seems to prefer ice dancing to boxing these days :gay:

Comment

i suppose that cant be bad at all. i bet warren wouldnt be happy tho!

Comment

The UK has the boxers boxers in the world

It has the best prospects in the world

makes sense

Comment

Pretty big news... I think it's funny how shaefer never gets any credit for golden boy's success, if it weren't for him golden boy would be just another Gary Shaw or loui dibella promotions.. He's never been given enough credit or respect

Comment

Good to see GBP expanding the way they are.

They've jumped from a west coast company to the hotbed in the north east, and now are a looking to jump across the pond to the UK... simply great to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X