No announcement yet.

Arcade Talk Game Review Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inFAMOUS 2

This is the first inFamous game, only beefed up, injected with steroids, and made bigger and better in just about every way. More and better powers, bigger and stronger enemies, crazy missions and side missions in a bigger city, basically everything is bigger. The combat is very fun, and all your powers are very useful at some point in the game, nothing goes forgotten.

New Marais is a very good playground of destruction for this game, much more variety in the environment than in Empire City from the first game. The first island is your typical city environment, but the second island has one part that is mostly underwater, which makes for a lot of fun navigating the buildings above the water, and the rest of the island is filled with factories and docking areas, so no matter where you go within the city, you don't feel like you are just exploring the same areas over and over.

Final note: While the story is pretty crazy and probably doesn't make much sense if you think about it, I want to applaud Sucker Punch for the ending to this game. You have to make an extremely tough choice, both of which can be justified as the right choice in my eyes, and after spending the whole game making choices that are obvious in whether they are good or evil, it's a shocker to have to choose that final time. The final battle after is epic either way, and ends in a satisfying way either way. It really is one of the best endings to a video game I've seen/played in a long time.

Final score: 9 out of 10. If not for how great the ending is, I probably would have given it an 8.5, but it got bumped up an entire half a point in my eyes because of it.

Comment

I bought Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition for $30.

Fukin bargain....the game is so amazing. Everything about it, I can almost say it's flawless. I love the characters.

10/10 imo

Online I'll give it a 7/10.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
        I bought Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition for $30.

Fukin bargain....the game is so amazing. Everything about it, I can almost say it's flawless. I love the characters.

10/10 imo

Online I'll give it a 7/10.
        I loved the online, but there was never anyone playing it.

Comment

On a roll with the reviews here.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Xbox 360)

This is a very hard game to compare to anything else. It is very heavily plot driven, and involves a lot of player choice, so I'd compare it to Mass Effect in that way. The combat is most similar to Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, in that you cannot just swing away wildly and have to actually pay attention, especially with bosses and armored enemies. You fight a healthy mix of human enemies and monsters, and Geralt, the main character, can use spells, bombs, and traps to help him out. It's actually a very fun game combat wise, and there is plenty of actual gameplay in between the story.

The story itself is incredible, with the only complaint I have being that the game ends somewhat abruptly. You figure out everything that has been happening, it seems like the game is gearing up to shift somewhere else, but it's just setup for the next game. The ending isn't bad, just somewhat abrupt. Still a tremendous story. The choices you make have a very real effect on the game. The second chapter actually plays out very, very differently based on choices you make at the end of the first chapter, the plot is surprisingly varied based on what choices you make throughout the entire game.

Word of warning, this is a game that earns it's M rating. Plenty of cursing, the sex scenes are pretty shocking in the nudity shown, and there are plenty of uncomfortable themes covered in the game, yet it very rarely feels cheap or unnecessary. The game just doesn't hold back on the realities of the power of kings and war. It's a lot like Game of Thrones in that respect.

The graphics are pretty good, and the voice acting is fine. It also isn't filled with British accents, like most games of medieval fantasy are. The soundtrack is awesome, I love the music in the game.

Final score: 9.5 out of 10. This is a fantastic game. The gameplay is very good, the story is incredible, this might be the best RPG I've played since Knights of the Old Republic. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes RPGs, and since it is on the 360 now it's available to anyone.

Comment

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2

Pros: Great Online, ton of characters. Great customizing, and a new Tekken Tune system that allows you to set a certain song for a stage or menu screen, fun arcade and tons to do. Decent graphics.

Cons:
            Arcade last boss is ridiculous, Snoop Dogg Stage.

Overall Rating:

Thought it was the best Tekken I ever played.

Comment

Playing ACIII, about six hours into it. I saw a lot of complaints about the slow start, and I guess it will depend from person to person, but I love it.

Comment

Once i give a fuck enough about completing RE6, ill post my review. All others are welcome.

Comment

I'm dragging ass as far as games I missed out on. Many of which have been mentioned in this thread, like Red Dead Redemption, and The Witcher II.

I've still got quite a few sitting in my living room untouched since I bought 'em because I'm trying to finish the ones I have started already. Dragon Age, Skyrim, Castlevania : Lords of Shadow, Modern Warfare 3, and Borderlands 2 - All untouched.

Wrapping up my 3rd playthough on the original Borderlands now, so I guess I'll be moving on to the sequel soon. Hopefully people are still playing online when I get around to buying another gold subscription - I'd like to play with some of you ****s online sometime.

Comment

90mins of killzone one tonight... Not bad... No mw though

Comment

Assassin's Creed 3: 9 out of 10

It's the best one yet as far as gameplay, setting, and graphics, and the ancestor story is the best one IMO so far as well. I love the Revolutionary America setting. It's very, very, very good, and really sucked me in. The cities are so different than the ones from previous AC games, which is a very good thing. The wilderness and being able to hunt is really cool, though I wish there were more animal types to hunt.

Now, the present day stuff with Desmond isn't terrible, but it isn't particularly good either. The ending isn't very good, mainly because it is way too abrupt considering it was built up for 5 games. They seemed more focused on setting up another game than giving players a gratifying conclusion. That's a very small part of the game though, as with every other AC game. The majority of the game is spent playing as Connor in the past, and that is as good as any other AC game, better IMO.

The glitches are a little much, and might make some people hate parts of the game. I didn't mind them that much, but the game could have used another couple of months of work to get rid of those problems.

Highly recommend the game to anyone interested in the series, even if you've never played an AC game. It's different enough from the others that it is a good starting point, with the best gameplay and setting.

Comment

Working...
                      X