No announcement yet.

scoring rounds even

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scoring rounds even

is anyone else against this practice? i refuse to score a round even with the exception of point deductions or if absolutely NOTHING happens in the round. i personally think the official judges shouldn't be allowed to give a 10-10 round.

it's a cop-out IMO. i notice it a lot on here especially. thoughts?

I hate it, like you said I only do it if neither fighter does anything. If someone is throwing punches, someone landed better punches, that's the case for me almost every time.

Comment

I believe that there will always be one winner in a round, thats how it should be. 10 for the winner and 9 or less for the loser.

Comment

Something that needs to be done more and drilled into judges heads

Comment

I try to avoid if but sometimes I just can't. If the round is hard to split then what's the problem. For example someone lands 20 good shots and the other person 10 harder shots then they are contrasting rounds for each fighter but both are effective as each other.

I think 10-8 rounds should be dished out a little more often though. If someone is stumbling around for a minute of the round to give it 10-9 is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            I try to avoid if but sometimes I just can't. If the round is hard to split then what's the problem. For example someone lands 20 good shots and the other person 10 harder shots then they are contrasting rounds for each fighter but both are effective as each other.

I think 10-8 rounds should be dished out a little more often though. If someone is stumbling around for a minute of the round to give it 10-9 is silly.
            I was thinking about this watching Matthysse-Alexander. In the 7th round Matthysse really just beat the dog sh** out of Alexander, very one-sided, and I was thinking that is the type of round that should be scored 10-8 without a knockdown.

Comment

Then you have those instances where your having a constant battle as to who to give the round to, I'm definitely for even rounds, at times neither fighter did a thing in the round. Stuff like that changes everything.

Comment

did you know that one judge for duran/leonard I had 10 rounds even?

Comment

I never score even rounds....personally I can't do it

Comment

Thing is there are some really tough rounds to score and you have a very short amount of time to do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X