• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lorenzo Fertita’s letter to congress in support of SOPA

Posted by Karim Zidan on January 23, 2012

http://theflyingkneemma.com/2012/01/...pport-of-sopa/

Written by: Karim Zidan

According to MiddleEasy.com, it appears that UFC owner Lorenzo Fertita has taken the time to write a letter to Chairman Lamar Smith in support of the SOPA bill.

The UFC has faced extreme criticism from their internet fan-base due to their unpopular choice to support this bill. SOPA is not simply a bill that supports anti-piracy; it has the ability to censor an entire website if deemed illegal. It appears that the UFC does not truly understand the bill they are supporting and how it will hinder their own business instead of help them.

The UFC is attempting to maximize their PPV buys, and that is understandable: they are a prime example of corporate capitalism and therefore embrace profit maximization as a given. This does not excuse their blatant support for a dreadful bill that will tarnish their reputation.

Here is the letter written by Lorenzo Fertita to Lamar Smith, the chief sponsor of SOPA, provided by MiddleEasy:

I doubt he read the bill.

He probably just read the title and said it should be possible.

No one who has read the content in the bill can possibly support it.

Comment

Ive read it and disheartened of what will happen, this is an attack on peoples FREEDOM both inside and outside America.

The Fertitta stole and corruptly acquired the UFC for bargain basement prices and now being kept awake because they might not get a couple of millions more. These money certainly arent being given out to fighters since most UFC fighters are being paid chumps change.

UFC should increase their security and technology INSTEAD OF INFRINGING ON THE FREEDOM AND RIGHTS OF people.

This SOPA bill is basically like what communist regimes does to its people, but instead of serving the government's needs this bill serves the needs of the RICH 1% (who in turn donate millions to politicians).

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
        I doubt he read the bill.

He probably just read the title and said it should be possible.

No one who has read the content in the bill can possibly support it.
        What's in it is why Lorenzo supports it.

Welcome to monopoly capitalism.

Comment

I don't think Fertita understands just how much the internet has made the UFC grow and therefor made him more wealthy.

Comment

**** that *******. I dont remember the last time I bought a UFC ppv anyway, and I dont stream fights. Give me something worth paying for if you want more money dickhead.

Comment

I am glad people are finally against sopa,this is not new i have posted about it for 6 months and at first all i received was ridicule.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                I am glad people are finally against sopa,this is not new i have posted about it for 6 months and at first all i received was ridicule.
                Thats cause you are better, and smarter than everyone else.

Comment

Dana White got owned by hackers. He called them out and they put him in his place.

Comment

Like he says...piracy is keeping him up at night.......riiiiiiiiiiight that's why Dana's worth well over 50 million (or was it 500 I forget :S)

Comment

Working...
                    X