• Show
Clear All

• Ringside: Joe Louis...

Anybody gonna see it?

May 20 at 12:00pm on ESPN classic.

discuss.

That was funny.

Dundee.

All this time, I thought Ali invented the glove on the head, and all this time, that sucker Max Baer invented it.

Comment

Very good documentary

only one complant *spelling*- it was very very long

6 hours in total

i couldn't watch the whole thing

(the tv guide said it was 6 hours anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey1238
        That was funny.

Dundee.

All this time, I thought Ali invented the glove on the head, and all this time, that sucker Max Baer invented it.

Jack Johnson did it before Max in his fight against Jim Flynn...

Comment

After watching the program, i kind of have more appreciation for Joe Louis. I may even think about placing him higher in my top ten list!

Comment

they hardly show his fights complete.

And the fights they show(Or most of em, like the Farr and Schmling 1, and the Charles fight.) I have complete.

Kinda of upset they went with highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey1238
              they hardly show his fights complete.

And the fights they show(Or most of em, like the Farr and Schmling 1, and the Charles fight.) I have complete.

Kinda of upset they went with highlights.
              yeah, but how much fights can they show in only 6 hours?

Comment

it was a cool documentary, but yeah the clips of rounds n more talking but bert n stuff was too much, lol george foreman was on there for like, the begining at that was it, next months is rocky marciano butterfly, so u better watch it! and yeah, most ppl who dont have louis/ali n their number1, or 2 spots i think r crazy

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow
                  it was a cool documentary, but yeah the clips of rounds n more talking but bert n stuff was too much, lol george foreman was on there for like, the begining at that was it, next months is rocky marciano butterfly, so u better watch it! and yeah, most ppl who dont have louis/ali n their number1, or 2 spots i think r crazy
                  I'll be on my best behavior!

Comment

Does anyone have this recorded on DVD? Joe Louis is one of my all time favorites and I'd gladly pay for shipping and the blank DVD to have it. Even if there's nothing great in terms of rare fight footage (from what I've heard here and on other forums), I'm sure there's enough training footage and interviews to make it worth seeing.

Comment

Working...
                    X