No announcement yet.

Some of my sparring videos over the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chico 305 View Post
    Damn thats more motivation to know u aint squatting 800 pounds tho.. at least for me haha.

good luck out there, you got a raw ass style.

why you decided to fight that way? your reach is naturally shorter than most by any chance?

i got some stubby ass arms man, i know fools who are inches shorter than me with longer reach, i have to try and go in and fight inside cause ill get tagged all day long at bay
    I just liked the style. I actually like Floyd Pattersons bob and weave style more it's more fluid. I like Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Jack Dempsey, and Joe Fraziers style. But I have more of a Tyson build so I took some style from him and others.

I've been around this size since 16.

Comment

Originally posted by chico 305 View Post
      Damn thats more motivation to know u aint squatting 800 pounds tho.. at least for me haha.

good luck out there, you got a raw ass style.

why you decided to fight that way? your reach is naturally shorter than most by any chance?

i got some stubby ass arms man, i know fools who are inches shorter than me with longer reach, i have to try and go in and fight inside cause ill get tagged all day long at bay
      I just liked the style. I actually like Floyd Pattersons bob and weave style more it's more fluid. I like Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Jack Dempsey, and Joe Fraziers style. But I have more of a Tyson build so I took some style from him and others.

I've been around this size since 15. I've been looking for my wrestling pics to show. Haha

Comment

hey i gotta follow suit and say you fight just like mike

the bobbing and weaving

peak a boo style, hands held high

bobbing and then popping up with that left hook

all i can say is may b double on the jab going in, using your elbow a little bit more on the inside

feinting a little bit more

but other than that you are good

im still new at this game myself

ive been boxing on and off for three yrs, and from what ive seen and heard you r doing good

Comment

You look real good, make some nice moves to get close and punch well to the body. One thing you need to work on is finishing.
          What I mean is this. You'll jab your way in, throw some nice punches, then stop punching and step back. I only watched a couple rounds but you did it every time in what I saw, and I know its a sparring session but how you train is how you'll fight. When I boxed,I loved guys that would just step back like that because it would let me steal a lead right on them and finish the exchange in my favor.
          You can finish in a bunch of different ways. I was tall for my weight and liked to jab and slide straight back because if he'd follow me I could walk him into a right hand. generally though, angles are better. You can move yourself out to the side, out of his punching range, but in a position where you can keep punching if you choose to.

Comment

props! keep it up! looking good

Comment

Originally posted by greynotsoold View Post
              You look real good, make some nice moves to get close and punch well to the body. One thing you need to work on is finishing.
              What I mean is this. You'll jab your way in, throw some nice punches, then stop punching and step back. I only watched a couple rounds but you did it every time in what I saw, and I know its a sparring session but how you train is how you'll fight. When I boxed,I loved guys that would just step back like that because it would let me steal a lead right on them and finish the exchange in my favor.
              You can finish in a bunch of different ways. I was tall for my weight and liked to jab and slide straight back because if he'd follow me I could walk him into a right hand. generally though, angles are better. You can move yourself out to the side, out of his punching range, but in a position where you can keep punching if you choose to.
              Good eye with the stepping back. I do have a habit of doing it. At times it just because I do it or if I hurt someone I tend to step back and let them gain their composure.

Comment

Similar to Tyson...

But doesn't rely on the cross and right uppercut as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post

I've been around this size since 16.
                  You'd like the MW Khurtsidze, he's only 5'4. He lost to N'jikam in France but N'jikam's own fans bood the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    You'd like the MW Khurtsidze, he's only 5'4. He lost to N'jikam in France but N'jikam's own fans bood the decision.

I like this guy but damn middleweight and 5'4?! Geeez! He looks really good.

Comment

Working...
                    X