No announcement yet.

They should do Super Welterweight Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They should do Super Welterweight Tournament

Do it like they did the Super Six, only do it with 8 Super Welterweights, and do it by single elimination.

Here's the 8 that could do it. I didn't do Cotto, because Cotto is going to be doing Super fights, not a risky tourny like this. Do the seeding by where they are rated in the RING magazine for 154. I know Williams isn't in there, but he should be in the tourny, given he beats Ishida. And Kirkland would be there, given he beats Molina.

(1) Saul Alvarez vs. (8) Paul Williams
    (4) James Kirkland/Carlos Molina vs. (5) Cornelius Bundrage
    (3) Erislandy Lara vs. (6) Alfredo Angulo
    (2) Vanes Martirosyan vs. (7) Delvin Rodriguez

I switched Bundrage and Angulo, because there isn't too much need for a Kirkland-Angulo rematch yet.

Would you be down to watch this????

yeah i've been dying for something like this @ jr.MW.. It would be 10x more entertaining than the super 6... u could even throw cotto in there.

Comment

Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
      yeah i've been dying for something like this @ jr.MW.. It would be 10x more entertaining than the super 6... u could even throw cotto in there.
      I threw Cotto out because, while he is one of the top 1 or 2 Super Welterweights, he's only fighting big payday fights against Floyd, Manny, Julio, etc.

I think it would end up being Kirkland-Lara, but I am probably bias because I am fans of both.

Alvarez-Williams is a toss up at this point. Williams is past his prime-still good, we'll see what he's got against Ishida, but Alvarez is still sort of unproven at 154.

Kirkland or Molina beat Bundrage in my opinion, and I think Kirkland is going to KO Molina. I really wish that fight had happened tomorrow and not been delayed because of Morales.

Lara would box Angulo all night, too much speed for Alfredo.

Vanes vs. Delvin is a toss up to me as well. Delvin proved he's pretty good right now against Wolak, and Vanes is unproven against anyone that's any good at all. I still would probably favor Vanes.

Comment

I don't agree with your rankings but yes.

I've been saying the 154lb division is the hottest division with the most potential for the last 7 months or so.

I would pay to watch most of the fights there.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          I don't agree with your rankings but yes.

I've been saying the 154lb division is the hottest division with the most potential for the last 7 months or so.

I would pay to watch most of the fights there.
          said do it by the RING rankings.

I left Cotto out because he's doing Super fights.

Alvarez is rated #2
          Vanes is rated #3
          Lara is #4
          Molina is #5
          Kirkland is #6
          Angulo is #7
          Bundrage is #8
          Delvin is #10

Williams isn't ranked, but he should be included. I switched up Bundrage and Angulo, because there isn't any need to Kirkland-Angulo II yet. And Kirkland is already fighting Molina in March. And I didn't include sergiy dzinziruk, who's rated #9.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            Do it like they did the Super Six, only do it with 8 Super Welterweights, and do it by single elimination.

Here's the 8 that could do it. I didn't do Cotto, because Cotto is going to be doing Super fights, not a risky tourny like this. Do the seeding by where they are rated in the RING magazine for 154. I know Williams isn't in there, but he should be in the tourny, given he beats Ishida. And Kirkland would be there, given he beats Molina.

(1) Saul Alvarez vs. (8) Paul Williams
            (4) James Kirkland/Carlos Molina vs. (5) Cornelius Bundrage
            (3) Erislandy Lara vs. (6) Alfredo Angulo
            (2) Vanes Martirosyan vs. (7) Delvin Rodriguez

I switched Bundrage and Angulo, because there isn't too much need for a Kirkland-Angulo rematch yet.

Would you be down to watch this????
            Would definitely watch

Comment

Cotto vs Molina
              Alvarez vs Vanes
              Kirkland vs K9
              Lara vs Williams

Comment

Id put my money on lara to win it.

Comment

although I like the idea, knowing how **** works in this sport, we will most likely get 2 IN-House tournaments. though a GBP will be interesting IMO.

Top Rank Tournament:
                  Cotto vs Vanes
                  Delvin vs Margarito

winner of tourny gets: Pacquiao

Golden Boy tournament:
                  Lara vs Kirkland
                  Alvarez vs Angulo

winner of tourny gets: Floyd

other non tourney bouts:
                  Williams vs K9

winner of fight gets ignored.

Comment

Isn't the WBC doing like 10 tournaments in 10 different weight classes?

Comment

Working...
                    X