Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez Defense Appears Off Due To Travel Mishap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez Defense Appears Off Due To Travel Mishap

It’s safe to say that 2013 will not be a year Miguel Vazquez plans to remember.

The reigning lightweight titlist has not fought in more than 10 months, with that stretch threatening to grow even longer as Saturday’s scheduled defense versus Ammeth Diaz in Tijuana, Mexico is suddenly in jeopardy.

The word from Panama – as first reported on Notifight.com – is that Diaz and his camp have no plans to travel to Mexico for this weekend’s title fight, citing a breakdown in communication and minimal travel recovery time.

Rogelio Espiño, Diaz’ promoter and legal adviser, claims that Zanfer–Vazquez’ promoter, who won the purse bid for the mandatory title defense–dragged its feet in confirming travel itinerary to get the visiting fighter in country from Mexico.

“It wasn’t until (Tuesday evening) when we were sent an email with ticket confirmation,” Espiño told Notifight.com. “We learned of this on Wendesday morning, but was impossible to carry out (the travel plans) since our flight was schedule to leave at 11:00AM.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm thinking to myself how would traveling only effect his defense and not his offense too...

Comment

A Boxer with the skill level of Miguel Vasquez who in reality is one of the best pure boxers of this era, I have no doubt he will make ease of this bout.

Comment

Good, this fight might be even more pointless than Nonito Vs Darchinyan II

Comment

Beltran es el pinche diablo en vida!

Comment

lol, all this breakdown of communication

Comment

Working...
            X