Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just in, Pacquiao SIGNS CONTRACT to face Floyd Mayweather in November!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in, Pacquiao SIGNS CONTRACT to face Floyd Mayweather in November!

Manny Pacquiao SIGNS CONTRACT to face Floyd Mayweather in November!
    Published by: Jake Emen

Pacquiao vs. Mayweather a Done Deal for November 10, 2012
    Boxing fans, our endless wait to get the biggest boxing match of the generation signed, sealed and delivered has finally come to an end! That's right, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao will square off against one another on November 10, 2012, in Las Vegas, Nevada. The fight will be broadcast on HBO Pay-Per-View, with a suggested price of $79 for the standard feed, and $99 for the High Definition feed.

It's pricey, but it will be worth it to finally see the mega-fight we've been craving, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Plus, Golden Boy and Top Rank have promised to put on a stellar undercard potentially pitting some of their best fighters against one another.

As of right now, the teams were still hashing out the site details - whether it will take place at the MGM Grand, or the proposed outdoor stadium. However, the money terms, the drug testing and everything else has all been agreed upon, and Pacquiao has signed his contract.

Pacquiao vs. Mayweather Contract Details

Credit: Chris Farina - Top Rank

Here are some of the details we've learned about the contract....

Money

Each man has been guaranteed $50 million, and will receive $25 million upfront at the start of their training camps, with the rest due after the fight. That's the guaranteed money - then they have the pay-per-view upside for grabs, and this is where things get interesting.

To reconcile their differences in terms of the money split and revenue sharing, Mayweather and Pacquiao have agreed that the winner of the fight will get the entire fighter's PPV percentage, based on total sales. This could potentially give the winner an extra $25 million, dependent on how many people buy the pay-per-view.

In this case, the fighters would essentially be splitting their money 40% to 40%, with the winner's share offering another 20%. Expected PPV numbers already being floated are hovering around the 3.25 million buys range, and considering the undercard (see below) and the magnitude of the fight itself, I wouldn't be surprised to see this reach closer to 4 million buys.

Drug Testing

Both men have agreed to the voluntary fighter anti-doping testing program, VADA, and will comply entirely with their standards for random testing. As a component to this agreement, all lawsuits and pending legal actions between the camps surrounding Mayweather's potential defamation of Pacquiao will be thrown out.

Credit: All City Boxing

Rematch Clause

Whoever loses the fight has an automatic, instant rematch clause in their contract which they can choose to pursue only if they desire. So it's the loser's call whether or not we'll see a rematch. In this scenario, the fight winner's team gets to choose the future date and site of the second fight, and the winner of the first battle is guaranteed 60% of the money for the second fight.

Scheduled Fights with Cotto & Bradley

This is a key issue, as both Mayweather and Pacquiao have challenging fights on their schedule in the coming months already, with Mayweather facing Miguel Cotto and Pacquiao taking on Timothy Bradley.

The Mayweather-Pacquiao clash for November will happen regardless of what transpires in those fights. That means even if one or both men lose, they'll still meet each other next anyway.

Undercard Golden Boy vs. Top Rank

As mentioned, the PPV price for this one is going to be extraordinarily high, but Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy and Bob Arum of Top Rank have a handshake agreement in place to put on what amounts to basically a Golden Boy vs. Top Rank undercard. This could be spectacular.

None of these bouts are official yet, but floated possibilities include:

Saul Alvarez (Golden Boy) vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (Top Rank) as the co-feature
    Nonito Donaire (Top Rank) vs. Abner Mares (Golden Boy)
    Amir Khan (Golden Boy) vs. Brandon Rios (Top Rank)
    Mikey Garcia (Top Rank) vs. Adrien Broner (Golden Boy)
    Again, none of these fights are official, but these are some of the projections of what we could end up seeing. In addition to the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight itself, this kind of undercard would assuredly make this the biggest boxing event we've ever seen. I'll fork over $99 for it, how could you not?

What else is there to be said? This is as exciting as it gets, and we finally have the two best fighters of this generation set to decide their fates in the squared circle. It doesn't get better than that, and their legacies as fighters will very much be in play depending on how this shakes out.

As we get more details about the contracts, the site for the fight, when tickets go on sale and more, we'll post them ASAP. Stay tuned folks!

http://www.proboxing-fans.com/manny-...vember_033012/

So what are people's predictions for the championship game tomorrow between Kansas and Kentucky?

Comment

LOL, wink, wink, great!

Comment

Comment

OMG AWESOME NEWS!!

Now excuse me while I sail my luxary yacht (with added bedrooms and bathrooms) round Luxembourg

Comment

I will believe it when these two divas are finally laced up and are across the ring from one another....

Comment

at 28 years old
              April fool's jokes have seemingly lost their luster conmigo
              Last edited by circleinsidebox; 04-01-2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

It won't do 3 Million buys let alone 4

Comment

That's a lot of wasted effort for a April Fools Joke,

Somebody needs a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by circleinsidebox View Post
                    at 28 years old
                    April fool's jokes have seemingly lost its luster conmigo
                    One time I baked a laxative cake and gave it to everyone in my school. I had to eat it myself because somebody tried to tell on me

Comment

Working...
                    X