No announcement yet.

Cotto should not accept roach's proposal for a fight @ 142

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
    This fight should not be happening. This matchup is a result of Arum's greed. Floyd/Pac is the fight that needs to happen. Let Cotto get past Clottey, and if he wins, rematch Shane.
    why not? why floyd deserve a shot to fight pac? he's not a champ and hasn't proved that his a top fighter.

btw pac by ko if he fight mayweather. besides, i want cotto to take that 0

Comment

Originally posted by OASIS_LAD View Post
      miguel wasn't taking care of himself at 140. you know that.

he takes care of himself better now.

all cotto needs to do is not blow himself up to 165 in between fights. sacrifice some cerveza and lechon for a few months and he can be in good shape.

it's normal for guys to lose about 10% of their bodyweight for the weigh in.

143 + 14 is 157. cotto can't get himself to 157?

anyway.. its up to him..... i already gave my prediction...

im not dissin roach for wanting this fight @ 142 all im saying is that i hope miguel is smart enought to not accept that.

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post

hope u are smart enough to not accept that!

I agree. I hope he's not that desperate for fame and fortune.

He had problems with drain when he was at 140. What more when he has already grown into 147.

Comment

when cotto can get manny paid $15 mil. , manny will fight him at 160 if he wants.
          Just what Arum wanted to hear. You sound like a promoter there for a second.

If Manny can't fight Cotto at 147 or Cotto can't fight at 140, then the fight shouldn't happen. There's nothing wrong with Manny staying at 140, I don't think he has anything else to prove. But to give another fighter an advantage, especially a weight advantage is unfair. We already know Pac can fight with a fighting weight, not weigh-in weight of 147, but I think it would be too much of a drain for Cotto to make 142.

What's wrong with Manny moving up to 147, that's traditionally how it's done if you want to take someone's belt away. I think he has a great chance.

Comment

when miguel had problems making 140 he wasn't taking care of himself in between fights. he does now.
            he takes a lot less care or himself now, what are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
              This fight should not be happening. This matchup is a result of Arum's greed. Floyd/Pac is the fight that needs to happen. Let Cotto get past Clottey, and if he wins, rematch Shane.
              let me know when floyd has a belt to offer pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Rizal View Post
                I agree. I hope he's not that desperate for fame and fortune.

He had problems with drain when he was at 140. What more when he has already grown into 147.
                thanks man!!

i know it will be a good fight.. but come on.. to think that .. 142 its gonna be a fair weight for cotto because "he take care of himself now"

you know thats not being fair at all...

and see.. im not dissin.. roach for wanting the fight @ this weight.. i just hope that miguel is like you say .. not that desparate for fame... and greedy that can affect his judgment on this one.

Comment

Cotto should not fight lil Pac at all. If he beats Clottey, rematch SSM.

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post

anyway.. its up to him..... i already gave my prediction...

im not dissin roach for wanting this fight @ 142 all im saying is that i hope miguel is smart enought to not accept that.
                    what? it's true he wasn't taking care of himself in between fights before. i heard he changed that though.

it's not gonna be 142. it'll be 144 or 145. 143 at the lowest.

Comment

Cotto will get the fight at around 143, it should be no problem to make it.

Comment

Working...
                      X