Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when your opponent is pushing up on you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
    What I dont understand is lamont was pushing khan into the ropes but the ref had no issue with that but when khan wanted to push him off he was shouting in khan's ear?!? No wonder khan suffered a perforated eardrum.
    Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
    Peterson was allowed to push Khan all over the ring.

Khan wasn't allowed to push back.

****ty ref. I saw how bad that ref was from the get go.
    This is basically what im saying. Even tho Peterson wasnt pushing off, he was still pushing. And i thought pushing was not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      This is basically what im saying. Even tho Peterson wasnt pushing off, he was still pushing. And i thought pushing was not allowed.
      He was pressuring to get work done not really the same Khan was using his forearm to push Peterson off because he doesn't know what else to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Exactly ref was not consistent. He didn't even warn LP once for pushing.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          thats the thing. floyd does push off, just to create space. what khan was doing was shoving. shoving to get away. its not really the same thing. khan was much more blatant and it wasnt a legit defensive tactic imo. but floyd has gotten in trouble for using the elbow to push off in the past so thats pretty moot.
          Who cares why he does it? If its an illegal move, its an illegal move.

So pushing off to create space is a legit tactic but pushing off to get away isnt?

Comment

Peterson was not pushing...

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              thats the thing. floyd does push off, just to create space. what khan was doing was shoving. shoving to get away. its not really the same thing. khan was much more blatant and it wasnt a legit defensive tactic imo. but floyd has gotten in trouble for using the elbow to push off in the past so thats pretty moot.
              So pushing and shoving are different? and when has Floyd ever been deducted 2 points for doing it? I'll wait.

Can someone seriously remember the last time a fighter was penalised for pushing?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                He was pressuring to get work done not really the same Khan was using his forearm to push Peterson off because he doesn't know what else to do.
                I understand that but its still pushing, which is an illegal tactic.

Comment

Was a good good fight, cannot wait for the re-match!

Comment

He should have asked Freddie the Joke Coach Roach what to do...

lol jk

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                      Can someone seriously remember the last time a fighter was penalised for pushing?
                      Yes... I think Wlad Klitschko was deducted a point for pushing against some opponent in one of his title defenses.

Comment

Working...
                      X