Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick video of me showing some punching speed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supRa View Post
    phone recordins r asssssssss...
    :/
    Agreed, if you look on my youtube channel you can see me playing some Zelda on my guitar and it's out of sync and all sorts.

I'll buy a Digi cam soon enough

Comment

Here's some more improvised hitting the bag.

Less speed and more weight behind the punches, little bit more movement and techinuqe i suspose but the angle is still kinda funny because the punching bag 3ft long and 18kg but looks like a mini one.

Had many attempts at this but I kept shaking the house and the punching bag kept falling over after a few punches.

I think the speed of the punches in the first video had more effective power than me using the Haymakers in this one.

If you could give me a set of combo's I could perform them but for now It's just me improvising, hopefully some display of power is shown in the video but I still don't think the video (Mainly quality) does me much in that department.

Enjoy

(Night time even worse quality xD)

Comment

By the way I don't throw 100 punches a round I'm a counter puncher or so it seems for now, I catch my friend on the back foot majority of the time, The jab alone usually acts as defense and attack against my sparring partner and the left is used for power shots apart from 1-2 combos and quick flurries.

Comment

You're doin good but there is nothing like entering into a gym. You'll find different fighters who will give you different problems and different sizes. Keep working on different exercises alone like shadow boxing and heavy bag , and don't forget calisthenics.

Before i started boxing the only thing i knew was fighting at the outside and using the fast jab and the fast 1-2 like a Klits.
          Now i'm ten time better than i was in march, i know how to set up combos, use the shoulder roll, and because of my shadow boxing work, i know how to bob and wheave effectively.

If you don't find a gym this summer, keep up the work and get one in september.

Comment

Keep that left hand up or you're going to get rocked

Comment

Owe I've been gym for 2 months, but it's every other day and I don't get trained by a trainer, I just train with my friend that works there and spar with him and his cousin.

I do keep my left up all the time because only on occasion do I actually throw it, I can do everything that is needed with the jab against my friends, I use the left if he moves into it and 1-2 and flurries but i'm just practicing the jab and getting that to stick.

Comment

Obviously this is all just improvised watching fights and training in sparring everyone once in a while.

I need training with a trainer to teach me the techniques and such.

Only a few years ago when me and my brother were play boxing I used to get my ass kicked because I fought in orthodox position, then only a year or so ago I thought hey maybe I'll try boxing, only then did I go, hey I'm left handed maybe I should turn southpaw and the jab was there and the speed.

My friends annoying because he switches position like a switch-hitter and Most of the time I get him with a faint jab and a right hook around his guard, but I do need to keep my guard up sometimes when he comes in and after I've countered him and he gets annoyed he throws wild shots and It always lands on the left side of my face.

Only recentely have I implemented weaving and such I'm also good at reflexes so I'll try to implement some Whitaker style movement, because I haven't done this against my friend yet.

Comment

Working...
                X